Home Non Cigar Related

Bad news, Good news, take your pick which is which,,

The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
May have noticed, I'm a bit more active on the forums as of late. Well a big reason for that is that I got laid off. Crappy time of year for that to happen with the Holidays and all , but it wasn't entirely unexpected. Hoping work will pick back up towards the end of first qtr 2014.
The good news is now that Im not working I'll have more time to spend perfecting my bombing techniques and more time for the Forum... Yeahhhhh

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Damn Rudy, that's a bummer. Good to see you back around here, though,
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Damn Rudy, that's a bummer. Good to see you back around here, though,
    Thanks man
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    May have noticed, I'm a bit more active on the forums as of late. Well a big reason for that is that I got laid off. Crappy time of year for that to happen with the Holidays and all , but it wasn't entirely unexpected. Hoping work will pick back up towards the end of first qtr 2014.
    The good news is now that Im not working I'll have more time to spend perfecting my bombing techniques and more time for the Forum... Yeahhhhh
    We haven't "met" officially but getting laid off sucks and I wish you good luck in finding the right job...
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Yeah, laid off blows either way. So, I'll go with 2/3 bad 1/3 good.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that brother. We will be praying for you and yours!
    One God, One Truth
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM to ya
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Havent met you yet, but I was layed off 2 years ago... it was and has been hard times since then. I feel for ya! Good Luck! Hope it blows over for you soon!

Aj
    Thanks Fellas, pm back to you Web
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    an back back atcha ... got a ping pong game here
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Sorry to hear, but glad you are back. You have added a lot to the forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Damn Rudy, sorry to hear this bro -- The resident funny man is back in action. Please let me know if there's anything you need.
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Tough time of year for layoffs. You are the third person I have heard that this happened to. Enjoy the holidays, reboot and move on.

• LeftOversLeftOvers Posts: 196 ✭✭
    do it kid
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really sorry to hear that Rudy, if you need anything or there's anything that I can help with just reach out my friend!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Sorry to hear that. Any chance of call back before the spring? I have taken my loss of employment time to go back to school and enjoy more sticks. Hopefully you can decompress , re-energize and enjoy family ,friends and sticks this holiday season. Best of luck.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Bad news anytime of the year but especially bad at this time of the year. Sorry to hear of it.
    Thanks again Fellas,, appreciate the sentiments.
  • The Kid:
    Thanks again Fellas,, appreciate the sentiments.
    Let me know, if I can help.