Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Washington Redskins

The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
Would like to hear everyones opinion who's following the RG3 thing.
My take is this..
Shannahan (sp) should of stepped in and benched RG3 before RG3 injured himself "further" in the Playoff game vs Seahawks. He didn't.. big f up on his part! He had a solid backup with Cousins. I respect RG3 wanting to continue to play during that game I respect his competitiveness, However sometimes one has to look at the big picture and "The Team".
RG3 is a rookie, he didn't think of the big picture, he didn't think about yielding to his injury and letting Cousins take over.Ultimately the coach should of stepped in and done the right thing. He didn't. Shannahan knows it and regrets it.
FF to 2013 season, I agreed with Shannahans kid gloves approach in the preseason and I agree with him sitting him down now. I dislike how the media is sensationalizing this. As Shannahan said in his press conference RG3 doesn't understand it now but hopefully as he becomes wiser he'll understand why he was benched.

Comments

• Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I don't want to talk about it...
  • Options
    LeftOversLeftOvers Posts: 196 ✭✭
    he still has a bright future
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    photo emptyredskins_zps3bceb395.jpg

'Nuff said.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    photo emptyredskins_zps3bceb395.jpg

'Nuff said.
    Damn that picture says a thousand words.
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    I think, like most situations, everyone has enough blame to go around. Snyder spending like crazy to get RGIII and then no help, giving him his security detail and flaunting it making it bad in the locker room etc (at least it was reported dont know if true), Shanahan doing this thing becuase he is old by not holding him out in the first place last year and continually going to a passing set when you really have one legit receiver and roy helu and not good enough blocking (see Snyder for not helping out with this) instead of sticking with Morris who still is productive even if they do stink and taking presure off RGIII who is getting killed in the backfield (See Snyder comment above), and RGIII for not simply saying I am not ready to return, i get the I want to win, play my heart out, etc., but you wont be playing for long if you play at 75% becaase this isnt Baylor where you can just sling it and run around.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snyder is the worst thing that ever happened to THE REDSKINS.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. That Deadskin stadium pic is just ..... wow.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Until they stop acting like rookie quarterbacks can walk on water, things won't stop. Tired of hearing about him all together.
  • Options
    jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Shanny is as good as done with the Foreskins, then Wonder Boy Snyder can overpay some other coach to strive for mediocrity. They are no longer relevant and fighting not to be the last place team in the division on a yearly basis.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    Until they stop acting like rookie quarterbacks can walk on water, things won't stop. Tired of hearing about him all together.
    The crux of the entire problem is this. Yes, he played well last year (over his head). Yes, he shouldve probbaly sat when injured. Yes, Shananan has done a poor job managing the team. But all these issues aside, its a young QB who has been told by too many people how great he is, and he began to believe it. While this may be OK for a Peyton Manning, he also took years to refine his craft and show some humbleness about him....not just the swag. Sometimes the swag gets you great things...sometimes it lands you injured, in the dog house, and people wondering if how great you can be will ever measure up to how great they hoped you were.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank God for Washington, or us Giant fans would be watching our team in last place. I was about to say that we are so bad that we lost to the Charger and no one loses to the Chargers, but then Thursday's game happened!

• Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    They will stop putting these kids on a pedestal one day. It is a very low percentage of "Great" college QBs who come into the NFL and can even hold down a starting position for a few years running. Just look at these names were "amazing" in college...now, how many are starting, or did start....made playoff runs year after year, won superbowls...

Byron Leftwich
    Brady Quinn
    Akili Smith
    Tim Couch
    Tim Tebow
    Ty Detmer
    Jeff George
    Eric Crouch
    Chris Weinke
    Danny Wuerffel
    Joey Harrington
    Andre Ware
    JaMarcus Russel
    Matt Leinart
    Ryan Leaf

I'm pretty sure, between all of us, we could keep going.
  • Options
    Testaverde (spelling) as well. Yankees suck by the way.
  • Options
    james40:
    Vinnie showed some promise, then crumbled
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys named Snyder should not own teams
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost:
    Guys named Snyder should not own teams
    What about Bill, from Kansas State?
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    james40:
    Rude comment about the Yankees... true, but rude! Maybe next year.

• Options
    YankeeMan:
    New Boots:
    james40:

That's what you get when you pay Eleventy Billion dollars, for team members who cant play because they got a paper cut 2 weeks ago.
  • Options
    YankeeMan:
    New Boots:
    james40:

just returning the favor bro. :-)
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    New Boots:
    james40:

Next year? You mean with more of Boston's sloppy seconds? We don't stand a chance until Cashman is gone.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.