Home General Discussion
Options

Ccom/forum operators

Have you considered using vbulletin to power the forums? It's a great platform, easy to use, and has loads of features. Many online communities use it.

Comments

• Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    vBulletin, phpBB3, or Invision Power Board would all be good options if they ever wanted to replace what they have now.
    Don't get me wrong, what they have works well, but some things could be done better (ie notifications when you receive a PM).
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    MAJORdorMo:
    vBulletin, phpBB3, or Invision Power Board would all be good options if they ever wanted to replace what they have now. Don't get me wrong, what they have works well, but some things could be done better (ie notifications when you receive a PM).
    I think of this like I think of the Drew Estate Java.... If it ain't broke don't fix it...

Drew Estate Java that I had about 3 years ago was awesome, now the Java line looks and tastes different... it's okay.... but I like the old stuff better...

I've been through a few changes of formats (TechTV forums, Kotaku Forums, etc...) Any change is what makes 90% of people leave and basically "Cleanses" the forums.... I don't want to be cleansed!!!!!
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Lasabar:
    I've been through a few changes of formats (TechTV forums, Kotaku Forums, etc...)

Ah, yes. RIP TechTV ='(
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    And just maybe the fact that this forum takes a bit more to work with is one of the reasons that the idiots and trolls don't hang around here.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    And just maybe the fact that this forum takes a bit more to work with is one of the reasons that the idiots and trolls don't hang around here.
    i agree.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    zoom6zoom:
    i agree.
    Kinda like "The weakest animal gets eaten by the lion"

Let's not forget about "He that shall remain Nameless"...

I bet the main reason he left was because of all the HTML formatting, not because of us!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    In terms of these forums, I was wondering about another thing - maybe some mobile support? Lol yeah it might be a little sad that I can't get enough of ccom when I'm at home and I jones for it when I'm out, but it runs just a little too slowly on my Blackberry for me to use it frequently.. Anybody else thought about this?
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I can't make a post on my BB, but it loads just fine to read. Not sure if it's the BB, or the site.
  • Options
    4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    cabinetmaker:
    I can't make a post on my BB, but it loads just fine to read. Not sure if it's the BB, or the site.
    Ditto for my wife's BB. The only thing I don't like is the formatting of the posts. But I deal with it to hang here and soak up the knowledge.
  • Options
    For Windows Mobile it works fine, for the CrackBerry guys download and install Opera Mini 4.2...

The best (IMHO) mobile web browser, wont mess up this site and should be able to post too!