Home Cigar 101
Options

which humi?

hello everyone i am new to these forums, after i made my 1st purchace from CCOM which consisted of the the 20ct. humidor, and (2) Camacho triple mads (2) Edge by RP and (2) RP summer 08's for me and my old friend coming up to visit this weekend, i noticed there was a forum which ive been viewi ng for the past couple of days i realized  i shouldve come here first for a humi, so now that ive read alot i wanted to make one as another member on here did, since i am familiar with carpentry (currently at NKU for a construction management degree) but i dont have any tools with me since i live in an apartment for school....so ive been looking around and have spotted 2 i like and id like opinions on them and experience with them if any:

1st one : http://www.premiumhumidors.com/shop/humidors/imperfect-humidors/the-shopkeeper-humidor-front-door-imperfect-humidor-3.html     i like this one alot, it looks good not too fancy but nice! if im correct i believe since its mostly glass i shouldnt use it for letting cigars sit for a while to age , but will be fine for a pretty good while, which im fine with.

and the other : http://www.premiumhumidors.com/shop/humidors/imperfect-humidors/the-showcase-humidor-imperfect-humidor-3.html    also very nice, less glass, holds plenty for me

any comments would be appreciated!

im very disappointed with the 20 ct. it looks good, but the 2nd day after it was completely seasoned and the hygro. was all ready and i had the cigars in it, i check the hygro. and see the humidifier had fallen and soaked my 2 RP edge cigars. so im pretty pissed.

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I like the second one you posted.

You gotta watch those foam humidifiers, they kinda suck and mounting anything on the lid of your humi is risky business., especially humidifiers since they can get heavy. I have that same humidor, so I know space is a little limited as far as humidifier options go. What I'd recommend looking into is a product called Heartfelt humidity beads For that size humi they offer a convenient tube of beads that is approximately the size of a cigar.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I like the first one - seems like circulation would be better maybe ...and I agree with what Joe said about the foam humidifiers. I would toss it and replace with a Boveda Pack. Put it in and forget about it ...( Please,please no jokes)
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    The first one pictured is one I gave my best man at the wedding. Its good but if you use any humidifier that comes in a jar it will not fit and the bottom tray needs to be removed.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I like the "Single Story" version....

The more wood would mean the more cedar which would mean better Rh control

Especially with all that glass on the other one
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I'll make it really easy for you .... i have your first selection and absolutely hate it ..... its truly worthless and the capacity is so far off its not funny ........ if you get a variety of sizes it makes storeing them in that humi damn near impossible ..... do yourself a favor, make the right choice #2
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I too vote for Door #2. I've seen both of those humidors, and I liked them as well... I think the second option is just the better idea, and would probably be easier to find a place to put it. I may end up getting the same one actually, if I don't go for a much larger one.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨