Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Deer

bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
I like seeing them in my back yard, but not in the road. Never saw the bugger as I was taking my son to school the other day. Thankfully it was primarily cosmetic damage to the truck, but an unexpected insurance deductible at Christmas time sucks. :(

Comments

• Options
    LeftOversLeftOvers Posts: 196 ✭✭
    poor deers
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    they get a bad rap,, actually they're quite tasty. So venison sandwiches for the next few weeks??,,I like mine with mayo, not much of a miracle whip guy. Damn deductibles, sucks.
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Back straps fried with onions and garlic... = yummm
  • Options
    Darth_VaderDarth_Vader Posts: 223
    Jalape
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Darth Vader:
    Jalape
  • Options
    The_PhantomThe_Phantom Posts: 51
    Was visiting my sister and we were driving on this country road, no traffic, enjoying the scenery. When suddenly, 2 deers appearred. Thank goodness my sister was driving slow at the time. One crossed over, the other stayed. She was able to stop, we slowly drove away, making sure the other deer stayed put. We were fortunate. And yes, insurance deductible will always get you. Glad you and your son were fine though.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you guys are OK. Deer encounters don't always end well.

Had a deer hit me only once. Amazing since I drove between dusk and dawn for over 20 years.

I don't hunt, but bring me some venison and we will have a good cigar and a couple of cold ones while I cook it.

Slightly askew....the head of the local Bambi savers was speeding and drunk when a huge buck went through her window and ended any future arguments.
  • Options
    I love the little deer. They taste great!
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love deer, so much I got 3 this year, 2 with my car, 1 with my gun.