Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Memories

deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
Its funny how the small things can strike a cord. My kids were eating some pre packaged tapioca pudding. When my son says... man this is no where near as good as grandmas home made tapioca, it was always warm and delicious. He looks at me and says, what do you think dad?

All I could do was smile and say your right trev, she made the best tapioca pudding.

To those that have lost someone close recently, take these memories and run. Took me awhile to realize this. I do not have my mother any more and had to send her dog to her friends, been feeling like I lost her totally now that her companion is gone as well... but this simple statement and thought made me realize. I have so much more than the physical things. Time to stop shedding tears in saddness and wrap my self in the good memories, even if they do bring tears to my eyes.

May be a sappy post..but thought it may help those that have lost someone recently.

Comments

• Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I hear ya man.... It's the memories that keep people living in our hearts.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the memories that keep you going, especially around the holidays. It's tough but as you get older you really appreciate and miss all the things that made the holidays special.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    It's the memories that keep you going, especially around the holidays. It's tough but as you get older you really appreciate and miss all the things that made the holidays special.
    U are very special to me Jim, much love :)
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Shane you hang in there lad.
    Thank god for memories.
    They keep us hungry for life !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My grandma, who raised me as an adolescent, (after my mom developed other priorities) died the day after my 40th birthday, having had a stroke the day before. I got to spend all dat with her and the thing that struck me the most was how frail she looked. I had always known her to be such a strong women. Then my ex wife whispered that it was my birthday and she looked at me, smiled, and sang to me. When she was done she smiled again and said "you'll be alright." I knew then how strong she really was--still taking care of me at 40 years old. Rare is a day that goes by that I don't think about her and realize that I am a better person because she was in my life.

I guess my point is that it's not just memories we have and hold onto but her spirit to, I guess. I don't know how my life would have been different if she hadn't stepped up.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Well said, lost my Father this past week and many memories have run through my head
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I am completely with you. It was only last year that I could again eat apple pie without tearing up a little. My grandmother used to make that especially for me every Thanksgiving and no one was allowed to touch it before me, and when we did cut it she and I would sit and talk about anything and everything that occurred to her and I for however long we felt like. She and my grandfather were the only ones in my family who ever took a real interest in me and that was the one time of the year I was ever put first. She passed away about 10 years ago, and my grandfather has been gone 3 years now.