Home Cigar 101
Options

seasoning Humi

can I use 50/50 solution to wipe the wood inside my humi? if not what can I do to fix it?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    50/50 is not designed to season a humidor.

just use distilled water

if you already did... let it dry out, start over. but dont wipe down the inside. let it soak up naturally from a small dish in the humidor.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    NO!! Use distillled water ONLY. And even then, it's debateable whether you should wipe or not - best option is to put a bowl of distilled water in there for 3-7 days and let it humidify at its own pace
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    50/50 is not designed to season a humidor.

just use distilled water

if you already did... let it dry out, start over. but dont wipe down the inside. let it soak up naturally from a small dish in the humidor.
    (WHAT THE HELL?!?!?)
    This post Kuzi better be something to just string us along while you load up the "Link Bazooka" and blast us all off the map with all the other threads...

I'd say you got soft in your old age, but you JUST did this like two days ago!

/Puts on helmet.....
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i could...

im getting soft in my old age of 28.

thats kinda funny.
    my wife tells me that every day that goes buy i reminder more an more of Red Foreman
    ill put my foot in your ass.

just a quick search....

seasoning
    your
    Humidor
    again
    and
    again

Salt test

well, you asked for it. geeeez. cant call me mean this time.
  • Options
    Thank you Kuzi... The world is right again.

Now if I can just figure out what to do with all these Cellos... I took 'em all off so they'd age faster... That's what you are supposed to do right?
  • Options
    MACC98:
    can I use 50/50 solution to wipe the wood inside my humi? if not what can I do to fix it?
    And MACC98, Please don't take me hijacking your thread as an attack, I myself had these very same questions when I started smoking, and the only way to know is to seek info...
    I'm just referencing an inside joke that you will learn about as you stick around these forums for a little while