Home Non Cigar Related
Options

UPS changing delivery dates.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else had this happen?
Enough to really irritate a guy.
And then to see the package sitting at the UPS depot in the town it's being delivered the next day.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Yup, I asked a couple years ago why it happened and was told often it's the driver's discretion. Often they take on extra thinking they can get them all out, and if they can't they change the date. Whether that's true or not I can't say, never worked as a driver, but that's what i was told.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This used to happen all the time when we lived downtown. Lots of narrow streets and if there was any sort of snow or ice --- I swear the UPS guy would just skip the whole neighborhood. I'd see him on the main road, delivering to retail stores and apartments above but he wouldn't come through the side streets, even if they were mostly clear.
    And tracking would show the message status "Exception" and a pushed-back delivery date, with no explanation.
    I called UPS to see if I could pick it up at the depot, but they said "NO" since there had not been an attempted delivery yet....WTF. Pissed me off so much.

Have avoided UPS since then (unless I'm shipping beer.)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I loathe UPS. Always request USPS
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have had UPS drive across an open field to make a delivery on her way home. The USPS besides being small and never sure when they are open, will by pass the mail box (unless it is the idiot kid sub) and come to the door, because they know I sometimes have trouble getting around. Can't complain about either service.
  • Options
    I've actually had UPS transfer my UPS packages to the USPS! But my biggest complaint is UPS marking my last package "delivered-left at front door" and finding my package in my mailbox which is 400 feet from the house. But I'd still rather have cigars sent UPS because I usually get them them the next day if ordered in the mornings.
  • Options
    It gets even better.
    I check the tracking and find this................

PACKAGE TRANSFERRED TO LOCAL POST OFFICE. ALLOW FOR 1 TO 2 ADDITIONAL DAYS FOR DELIVERY.

Not only is this really irritating, but how does this save any money?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    It's amazing. It costs more to send a package from them, than USPS and on a cross country shipment, a package sent USPS arrives in 3 days.
    A package sent UPS takes.................7-10 days??
    And half the time, they transfer it to USPS anyway, which adds an additional day.
    I thought UPS had all those fancy planes and all that to get packages where they are going quickly.

And now, USPS is providing $50 insurance on priority mail.

It seems to me that UPS got too comfortable and USPS is now being very competitive.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    I try to use USPS always here, every time I get a ups package delivered they leave it in my driveway, and drive off

they even dropped a rush delivery envelope with a $1000.00 check in it at the end of the driveway before, and it was a signature required delivery

the USPS driver (if the box is full and the keyed boxes are in use) will bring it to my door and actually ring the door bell for my wife to answer it and get this "Hand it to her"

guess who gets the gift card at Christmas lol
  • Options
    dandin1dandin1 Posts: 175
    I had a package tracking tell me out for delivery for two straight days never receiving it even when I paid for one day shipping. This was with FedEx though. When it finally arrived I asked the driver what happened, and he told me that they are allowed only so many hours of delivery per day and if they pass that time the driver has to pay a huge fine. So I guess if they take on too many packages and hit their time limit they have to push delivery dates back.