Home Cigar 101
Options

Humi-Care or Cigar Oasis Questions

Thinking about getting one or the other. Really leaning towards the humi-care since it is like 30-40 bucks less. Anyone had any experiences with these? Also, whats the deal with the extra water cartridges? My friend has an Oasis XL and he doesn't ever have to change his cartridge, he just adds more water to his current one. But in the advertisement or w/e it says they eventually need replacing. Why is this? I have a 300ct with quite a few cigars in it, my RH fluctuates between 71-74 on average. Its always a little high for some reason. Would I just be better off spending my money on some more stogies when my humi starts to get more empty and just stick with my humi packs spread out through the humi and my humidifiers?

Comments

• Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    I've noticed that humidity tends to go UP when you have more cigars in the humidor. I think it has something to do with less air that needs to be humidified.
    Although I have no experience, everyone here will tell you that Heartfelt Beads are the way to go.
  • Options
    I had the same questions 2 weeks ago, should i buy an Oasis or Humi-Care....i did some research on both makes and most complaints came from the Oasis brand. I have a 600ct cabinet humidor & std rectangle foam cartriges werent going to cut it. I ended up buying the Humi-Care XG Pro 1000, since my purchase i could not be happier. It only takes 2-5 seconds from bring up the humidity to my set level when i open the cabinet door. Also you can add extra fans to the Humi-Care models....not sure if you can do that with the Cigar Oasis model.