Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Saw this posted on my Facebook

New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
It reminds my of you JD

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a sweet dog. So glad she was found. We have 3 rescued dongs still living with us and quite a few that we found other homes for. If only people would do like Bob Baker said. Right?
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this. Glad so many people here understand....

I never get enough of the work these people do and it is always heart warming.The transformation is and will continue to be amazing. Perfect ending will be that they get adopted together, but as long as they both find a home it will be good enough.

The worst case here (before my time) was a 4-6 month old mixed breed that I think was rescued in the still of the night by my wife and step daughter. Hungry, skin problems, covered with ticks and fleas and the poor thing had the owners initials burned into his stomach. Some tender care and a home in MN was his future. By all reports he turned out to be a perfect companion.

I wish mandatory laws with some teeth that protected pets would be passed. In the mean time I wish I was younger and could meet some of the "people" who treat these poor animals so badly. Just venting...
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    That's a sweet dog. So glad she was found. We have 3 rescued dongs still living with us and quite a few that we found other homes for. If only people would do like Bob Baker said. Right?

Bob has done so much for (not just pets) animals he should get an award. I sure would like to have met him and shook his hand.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Bob Luken:

Bob has done so much for (not just pets) animals he should get an award. I sure would like to have met him and shook his hand.
    Not really. They just seem to find me/us and I can't help but help them. I don't and can't manage to pick up every dog I see in need but I do step up sometimes and do what needs to be done.

JD you seem like the bigger man to me. Thank you for all you do for all the animals that you help.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    jd50ae:
    In the mean time I wish I was younger and could meet some of the "people" who treat these poor animals so badly. Just venting...
    You and me both. Sometimes I wonder why we are so ready to kill shleter dogs/cats but have no problem letting convicted murderers, molesters live for free for the rest of their life. Frustrates the hell out of me. Yes, I'm an animal lover but c'mon, it aint right. rant over.
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    jd50ae:
    Bob Luken:

Not really. They just seem to find me/us and I can't help but help them. I don't and can't manage to pick up every dog I see in need but I do step up sometimes and do what needs to be done.

JD you seem like the bigger man to me. Thank you for all you do for all the animals that you help.

I don't know about being the bigger man, my motivations are selfish. Too many allergies as a kid and no pets allowed. I am making up for that.

My wife does most of the leg work, makes the phone calls and does the networking. I am the cookie master and chief spoiler. We both share in the clean ups, first aid, baths and such. I always manage a smile when I hear of someone else helping them out. (Of course its nice to have your own heat source on a cold night)
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so ummmm my daughter's name is Miley amd my pup's name is Frankie. Whoa
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR