Home Ratings & Reviews

Interview with Luis Molina of Molina Cigar Company (Devil's Weed)

Read full review and see photos here

Luis Molina, of Molina Cigar Company (MCC), recently took some time to answer several questions about the company, their blend Devil’s Weed, and the new blends they are currently working on. MCC is run by Luis and his father, Roberto. Roberto fled El Salvador in the 70s with his wife and started up several companies before starting MCC in 2007. Their first blend, Devil’s Weed, is meant to celebrate the rich history of cigar smoking and to remove the taboo often associated with the practice. A line of cabinet selection cigars, Devil’s Weed is a unique blend that seeks to create a smooth and elegant smoking experience. I am looking forward to smoking and reviewing the cigars Luis was kind enough to send my way.

Comments

• vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Another vendor that I can not offer support for.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    vankleekkw:
    can't or won't? I mean, have you had their cigars and disapprove or you haven't had them and therefore can't offer an opinion?
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    j0z3r:
    vankleekkw:
    can't or won't? I mean, have you had their cigars and disapprove or you haven't had them and therefore can't offer an opinion?

Have you had them Joe ?
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Or how we are talking about how this is about 2" away from spamming the boards?
    I am refering to his business practices and that I will not support his company.
  • Interesting, haven't heard that--what practices have you heard of. I came across the brand from another reviewer, I've got some samples on the way, havent smoke em yet.
    vankleekkw:
    I am refering to his business practices and that I will not support his company.
    Ah, I see. And no Gene, I haven't had them, that's why I was curious.
    Practicies are a lot like the Black Band Project, only never sent out. Not that I am condoning what Camacho did either.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    What did Camacho do that was so wrong?
  • I still don't get it; I participated in the BBP and saw nothing as bad practice...come on, be more specific. Why don't you like it?
    No one had an issue with the BBP delaying everything for months with no communication.

Molina = Communication constantly saying it's shipping or backordered and still nothing from over a year.
    vankleekkw:
    No one had an issue with the BBP delaying everything for months with no communication.

Molina = Communication constantly saying it's shipping or backordered and still nothing from over a year.

Well to me the BBP shipping was not too far off what they said -ship late May and I think people did start getting them in June if I remember correctly ...not sure I would compare that to a year later ...I'm just sayin ...
    They still haven't shipped anything to the west coast.
    vankleekkw:

Wow ...I wasn't aware of that ...
    I did not know that either. I haven't gotten my BBP cigars, but I figured I just fell through the cracks.
  • vankleekkw:

I will say this; they were going to ship my samples to review about 2 weeks ago and I haven't received anything yet...I'll let you know how long it takes. I am not sure how much help they have with distribution yet, just starting in '07.
    Don't be supprised if they are backordered several times on you.