Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

the bombing of a random person

today went to my local cigar shop and there was a veteran that was talking about how he lost his job about to be evictedgentleman wasn't smoking anything. just talking to the shop manager so I have them going to the humidor with me and point out sticks he likes and told me why you like themback then sat down and talked with everybody in the shop well I went back in the humidor and pick up two of each, 10 in total and bought them. Also boight some for my buddy that was there. On my way out I sat the cigars in front of the gentleman and told him merry Christmas and thank you for your service, and that my children thank him. Felt good....merry christmas everyone.

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding...
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice of you! Wish more people were like you
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Paying it forward... smooth.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    And that, children, is what being a BOTL and the Christmas spirit is all about.
    Bravo, Shane, and HOOYAH!
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Still smiling ear to ear.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good move, my friend......
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    And that, children, is what being a BOTL and the Christmas spirit is all about.
    Bravo, Shane, and HOOYAH!
    ^^^This + infinity, Thank You Shane :)
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool!! Well done Shane!
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome Shane, good for u
  • Options
    thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Great job Shane. When the Christmas spirit moves you, it really moves you. Proud to call you a BOTL!
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job man. Should be proud of yourself
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Very cool Shane.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    That is very very cool man, it would be a shame if everyone decided to bomb you now for your generous and cool action...
  • Options
    This wasnt done for attention, only to share something that felt good.
  • Options
    danielruas:
    it would be a shame if everyone decided to bomb you now for your generous and cool action...

It ain't like that, dude.
  • Options
    deejmemixx:
    This was NOT done for attention, only to share something that felt good.

Fixed it for ya, buddy. I believe this was what you meant.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nice that you shared it with us though. Maybe it will inspire some of us to do more things like this.
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too cool!
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    It's nice that you shared it with us though. Maybe it will inspire some of us to do more things like this.
    this is y I posted
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    My man! Nicely done!
  • Options
    Outstanding, Shane!
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    today went to my local cigar shop and there was a veteran that was talking about how he lost his job about to be evictedgentleman wasn't smoking anything. just talking to the shop manager so I have them going to the humidor with me and point out sticks he likes and told me why you like themback then sat down and talked with everybody in the shop well I went back in the humidor and pick up two of each, 10 in total and bought them. Also boight some for my buddy that was there. On my way out I sat the cigars in front of the gentleman and told him merry Christmas and thank you for your service, and that my children thank him. Felt good....merry christmas everyone.
    This is a great story! I shared in a previous post about my experience flying home in uniform (20 some years ago) and first one then another and another vets on the plane sent drinks my way with a big thank you. It had such an impact on me that I can't get on a plane now with a man or women in uniform and not buy them a drink. I know how he felt and I promise you that you weren't the only one smiling ear to ear.

Not sure if you served yourself but you are the kind of person that all of us who have served, served for. So thank you too.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Toombes:
    danielruas:
    it would be a shame if everyone decided to bomb you now for your generous and cool action...

It ain't like that, dude.
    Jesus, I understand he didn't do it for attention or for recognition. Forgive me for joking around about bombing a brother.
  • Options
    Echambers:
    deejmemixx:
    This is a great story! I shared in a previous post about my experience flying home in uniform (20 some years ago) and first one then another and another vets on the plane sent drinks my way with a big thank you. It had such an impact on me that I can't get on a plane now with a man or women in uniform and not buy them a drink. I know how he felt and I promise you that you weren't the only one smiling ear to ear.

Not sure if you served yourself but you are the kind of person that all of us who have served, served for. So thank you too.
    do not thank me, I deserve no thanks....whats your address sir?
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done Shane.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    deejmemixx:
    Echambers:
    deejmemixx:

There is this great poem that my first CO use to read once in a while. It goes something like this:

God and country we adore
    In times of danger, not before
    The danger past, the enemy smited
    God forgotten and the soldier spited.

It may not seem like a big deal to you but I can guarantee it was a big deal to the vet and it is a big deal for me.
  • Options
    Echambers:
    deejmemixx:
    Echambers:
    deejmemixx:

There is this great poem that my first CO use to read once in a while. It goes something like this:

God and country we adore

It may not seem like a big deal to you but I can guarantee it was a big deal to the vet and it is a big deal for me.
    again....addy please
  • Options
    deejmemixx:
    Echambers:
    deejmemixx:
    Echambers:
    deejmemixx:

God and country we adore

again....addy please
    Oh yea, I forgot that you asked for my address...
  • Options
    Echambers:
    deejmemixx:
    Echambers:
    deejmemixx:
    Echambers:
    deejmemixx:

Dont make me find it kind sir.... There is this great poem that my first CO use to read once in a while. It goes something like this:

God and country we adore

again....addy please
    Oh yea, I forgot that you asked for my address...
    r u going to mak e me find it...?
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Classy bro.