Home General Discussion
Options

OK...this has probably been asked a 100 times...

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
....Name 1 ((one) and only one) cigar that you consider to be the best you have smoked.

Comments

• Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    So far, the DPG Blue that the shizz sent me. I think it had some good age on it but idk how much, still it was incredible.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Padron 64
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Padron 80th Anniversary. Been chasing that perfection ever since.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Padron fr 45 is up there
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Diamond Crown Robusto....
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A PSD4 I had about 10 years ago.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now .... FF Opus X
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was gifted a Hemingway short story by my brother in law when I first started smoking cigars,was one the best cigars and herds I had..
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Casa Fuente Lancero would be up there for sure for my palate. It's tough.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AF Shark
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    A PSD4 I had about 10 years ago.
    I'm with you on this one Zero. PSD#4 is truly outstanding... That, and the Aurora 1495/1994 Cameroon Corona. And the Ashton ESG 20 year. Three top smokes ever.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Original El Triunfador Lancero
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Damn!t, I cant just say one. The El Tri if we are talking best stick over and over. One time only stick, I had a Padron 64 Maduro with about 4 years on it that was amazing. Had others that were great too, but not like that one.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I still think my answer is the original LFD Salomone. That cigar, when you have lots of time (which I never do), is just ridiculously delicious. In other news, I shipped one away today....
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a tie, I smoked the original limitado la flor and Padron 85th anniv.
  • Options
    Glock1975:
    It's a tie, I smoked the original limitado la flor and Padron 85th anniv.
    I'm curious to see if that original LFD Limitado takes over my top spot. I'm really hoping it hasn't aged "too much" yet and hasn't lost anything. I can't wait. It's also nice knowing where I can get some more!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Fuente Hemingway maduro. The short story was the first of these I'd smoked, but I'll take any vitola and put it at the top of my list.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This year... Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Edicion De Anniversario 2007 Sun Grown Toro, Tatuaje Halloween 2013 "Jason", La Palina Goldie Laguita No. 5, Cohiba Behike 56 with 3 years, and Viaje Secret Sauce 2013 (? Is that right Roman?). Ever??? Well... Montecristo No 2 with 4 years on it, Bolivar Beliciso Fino with 2 years, the last half of the Cohiba Behike 56 with 3 years, Opus X Love Affair 2007, Tatuaje La V
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Original El Triunfador Lancero
    I hated this stick the first time I tried it. Smoked one last week. Amazing. simply fantastic. Also really liked the Room 101 Daruma this year.
  • Options
    It was a cuban Montecristo. Smoked it till my fingers burned.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    A few comes to mind. La escepion, monte gran reserva, 03 sir winston, 08 cohiba esplendido, goldie no 2. Oh man so hard to name one.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Liga #9 pig, sweet god what a great smoke......
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, it's always a treat to have a Tatuaje brown label. They are just solid.
  • Options
    jliu:
    A few comes to mind. La escepion, monte gran reserva, 03 sir winston, 08 cohiba esplendido, goldie no 2. Oh man so hard to name one.
    You liked the La Escepcions that much? Nice. Are they similar/comparable to any other CC?
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    You liked the La Escepcions that much? Nice. Are they similar/comparable to any other CC?
    I can't really compare it to any other cc. The cigar is very rich and powerful. Ill send you one sometime and you can judge for yourself.
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    For me, it's always a treat to have a Tatuaje brown label. They are just solid.
    Would that mean that I can assume the Brown Label Especiales (lancero) is your favorite favorite? Just for future reference is all :)
  • Options
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    I can't really compare it to any other cc. The cigar is very rich and powerful. Ill send you one sometime and you can judge for yourself.
    That's not necessary. Appreciate the sentiment, but you've done more than enough already. Remember, you're retired from the bombing game.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    That's not necessary. Appreciate the sentiment, but you've done more than enough already. Remember, you're retired from the bombing game.
    You are absolutely correct :)
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    That's a tough one..... padron family reserve 46 maduro for me. I love that cigar.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Soo many great cigars, many of which would not have been smoked without the generosity and thoughtfulness of the many folks here over the years. Theres so many facets to cigars, mild, med, full, wrappers,etc. Its really hard to narrow this down to just one cigar. If I had to pick only one, the one cigar that comes to mind is a cigar I received from Jiunn, a A Hoyo de Monterey des dieux from 2003. Thanks again Jiunn, and Merry Christmas to you and yours.