Home General Discussion
Options

Good day turned bad

ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
Received a coupe of boxes of Ave Maria in the mail the other day from another online retailer. Did not break the seal or open them, just set them in the cooler as soon as I got home. Today my buddy that split the deal came over so I broke the seal on both boxes and opened them. This what I found in the box of Holy Grail

Looks like someone was using these for football practice! The shipping box and cigar box appear undamaged. Guess I should have asked if Tim would match the deal like I usually do. At least I know if I have an issue with ccom its going to get handled quickly and correctly. Bummer!

If you know which retailer this is, please do not post it in open forum. I would like to give them the chance to make it right.

Comments

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch,that is terrible brother.Who ever it is I hope they make this right!!but in the mean time does this mean you need some sticks??....
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    twistedstem:
    Ouch,that is terrible brother.Who ever it is I hope they make this right!!but in the mean time does this mean you need some sticks??....
    If you hit me, I will smack you so fast and hard you're not going to be able to tell your ass from your face. You already have one coming. Don't make it worse.
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    twistedstem:
    If you hit me, I will smack you so fast and hard you're not going to be able to tell your ass from your face. You already have one coming. Don't make it worse.
    Sorry brother trying make you laugh...not get you all worked up..

• Options
    twistedstem:
    ddubridge:
    twistedstem:
    Sorry. Had a little flash anger there. It just seems like I've been getting it from all sides.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    twistedstem:
    ddubridge:
    twistedstem:
    Sorry. Had a little flash anger there. It just seems like I've been getting it from all sides.
    So are you saying you need sticks.......??
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Damn, that sucks!! I believe I know who it was you got those from. I got the same email and was really tempted to jump on the deal, but for some reason I held off. Glad I did. I know this doesn't mean everything that comes from them is like this, but it has happened to me before from them. I hope they take care of you. Good luck!
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    twistedstem:
    ddubridge:
    twistedstem:
    Pm

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    twistedstem:
    Sounds like a throwdown to me. LOL!
    Who ever you bought them from should make it right.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That had to hurt.
  • Options
    Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Wow, that f**ing sucks. Id be making the phone call and be **** about that garbage.
  • Options
    All 8 grails have damage to the foot.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    All 8 grains have damage to the foot.
    i can hear it now......"its just the foot you can just light it, it will be fine.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    ddubridge:
    i can hear it now......"its just the foot you can just light it, it will be fine.
    Mention "Implied warranty". LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    ddubridge:
    Not when there are 100% unconditional guarantees.. I've read where people complained that the band tore the wrapper, and these were replaced here. Smoked cigars that tasted "bad" have been replaced here. Customer service goes a long way for me. I'm not the biggest customer here, but I will spend it here knowing should I ever have a problem, it's not a problem. Sorry that one didn't work out for you.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    brianetz1:
    ddubridge:
    Not when there are 100% unconditional guarantees.. I've read where people complained that the band tore the wrapper, and these were replaced here. Smoked cigars that tasted "bad" have been replaced here. Customer service goes a long way for me. I'm not the biggest customer here, but I will spend it here knowing should I ever have a problem, it's not a problem. Sorry that one didn't work out for you.
    ....ummm.....drew didn't order it from here.
  • Options
    brianetz1:
    kaspera79:
    brianetz1:
    ddubridge:
    I know, I know. Brian knows how much of a ccom hoe I always am on the vherf. I made a mistake.
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    twistedstem:
    Showed this to the wife .she found it very funny

• Options
    ddubridge:
    brianetz1:
    kaspera79:
    brianetz1:
    ddubridge:
    I know, I know. Brian knows how much of a ccom hoe I always am on the vherf. I made a mistake.
    it happens, and now you know: photo knowing-is-half-the-battle.jpg
  • Options
    twistedstem:
    ddubridge:
    twistedstem:
    Showed this to the wife .she found it very funny
    She's into that kinky stuff?
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Ugh sorry too see this!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck I'm sure you won't have a problem returning them. But, you might have a problem if you want the same item. I wonder how many went out like that! Bummer sorry buddy..,p.s. we love ya Vance!
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Good luck I'm sure you won't have a problem returning them. But, you might have a problem if you want the same item. I wonder how many went out like that! Bummer sorry buddy..,p.s. we love ya Vance!
    Thanks Jim,love you guys too....

• Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Saw this early this morning. Made me cry ! Im sure they will make it right drew.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it will get handled appropriately. Just looks like the box got dropped on the side where the feet were. Any retailer worth a damn will immediately fix the problem. In the meantime, you can expect my gift box on Monday or Tuesday :)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Drew, let me know if they don't make it right replacements standing by!
  • Options
    Working through this POS customer service form. I email throught the form, they email back from a noreply with a link to the same stupid form. I write out the whole issue again and the f'n form doesnt work. Now all I typed is gone. You cant send pictures in a form people.

Strike One!
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    Working through this POS customer service form. I email throught the form, they email back from a noreply with a link to the same stupid form. I write out the whole issue again and the f'n form doesnt work. Now all I typed is gone. You cant send pictures in a form people.

Strike One!

"There was an error submitting your service request. Please try again. If this issue persists, please call 1-888-***-****."

^^^^AWESOME!!
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Send them a virus.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    ddubridge:
    ddubridge:

Strike One!

"There was an error submitting your service request. Please try again. If this issue persists, please call 1-888-***-****."

^^^^AWESOME!!
    hmmmm.....
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    I'm sure it will get handled appropriately. Just looks like the box got dropped on the side where the feet were. Any retailer worth a damn will immediately fix the problem. In the meantime, you can expect my gift box on Monday or Tuesday :)
    Ohhhh snap girlfriend.....