Home General Discussion

Discovered a great cigar!

Got a Rocky Patel Edge in a sampler pack and was blown away! This cigar is fantastic. I am a novice cigar smoker and am trying many cigars to try and find my niche. I had a problem starting this cigar because I don't have a cutter large enough to accommodate this cigar and had to use a knife. I cut into the shoulder which cause a bit of unraveling (my bad) but this cigar was superb! I don't claim to be an expert and can't discern the "oaken, spicy, leathery, etc), flavors, but I do know what gives me pleasure and that is loads of thick, dense, flavorful smoke, which this cigar delivers. I am putting this cigar on my list of "Must haves".

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Good sticks. The Sumtra Edge are VERY good stick. The "original" Edge's before Rocky changed every blend that got him famous (though he denies he did it) were simply amazing.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dwikoff:
    Got a Rocky Patel Edge in a sampler pack and was blown away! This cigar is fantastic. I am a novice cigar smoker and am trying many cigars to try and find my niche. I had a problem starting this cigar because I don't have a cutter large enough to accommodate this cigar and had to use a knife. I cut into the shoulder which cause a bit of unraveling (my bad) but this cigar was superb! I don't claim to be an expert and can't discern the "oaken, spicy, leathery, etc), flavors, but I do know what gives me pleasure and that is loads of thick, dense, flavorful smoke, which this cigar delivers. I am putting this cigar on my list of "Must haves".

My first cutting method was with a very sharp knife (or razor knife) and all you do is cut a V in the cap. No unraveling and usually a good draw. It is what Mr Churchill did, and I figured that was good enough for me.

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of insanity here and no one can count.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Everyone can count... just to varying degrees. Welcome to the forum there are several new member threads that are great information and should be required reads.
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I have had good ones and some not so good ones, but generally they are pretty good. RP gets a bad rap some times some of it deservedly so, but I enjoy the Edge. That and the 15th anniversary are my favs for RP. Welcome to the forum.
  • The Edge is a great stick. Better have a full stomach when you light it up.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    If you base the understanding of numbers around here on the curve the Pre-K kids are graded, then everyone around here is just fine.

I have a RP - Edge I'm itching to try myself.