Home General Discussion

Umm...Errr...directions can be useful

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
...got my Black Ice and filled with water to charge. This morning my bathroom sink is covered in black squishy things that are impossible to pick up. 90 days for them to dry out....

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL Sorry to laugh but it's funny because it happened to me too. I would have warned you had I known you were about to "charge" them. I actually assumed those jars all came pre-filled. Mine was a humi-care humidifier and I soaked it and forgot about it overnight and it swelled up the little balls so big that they burst open the housing and I had a bowl full of wet slippery gummy spheres. I still used them but I had some leftover and I put those inside a pantyhose sock, tied it off with a knot and used the sock in another humi.
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    I think we have all had a oops before. I recently washed my digital hydrometer. I was moving it to a different humidor and got distracted. It ended up in the bath towels going to the washer. About an hour later my wife is laughing and said " I found your blue thingy for your cigars" What are you talking about, then I knew, it was the hydrometer.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyland64:
    I think we have all had a oops before. I recently washed my digital hydrometer. I was moving it to a different humidor and got distracted. It ended up in the bath towels going to the washer. About an hour later my wife is laughing and said " I found your blue thingy for your cigars" What are you talking about, then I knew, it was the hydrometer.
    ...... Ouch. Just ouch. I've done this with inhalers, knives and lighters before... It's chitty each time lol.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    ...got my Black Ice and filled with water to charge. This morning my bathroom sink is covered in black squishy things that are impossible to pick up. 90 days for them to dry out....
    If you need another one, just let me know. Free of charge, of course. I have a couple that I am no longer using.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    jd50ae:
    I have yet to order mine (silly holidays), I'll be glad to learn from your mistakes!
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    LOL Sorry to laugh but it's funny because it happened to me too. I would have warned you had I known you were about to "charge" them. I actually assumed those jars all came pre-filled. Mine was a humi-care humidifier and I soaked it and forgot about it overnight and it swelled up the little balls so big that they burst open the housing and I had a bowl full of wet slippery gummy spheres. I still used them but I had some leftover and I put those inside a pantyhose sock, tied it off with a knot and used the sock in another humi.

Ahh...ummm...what size panty hose do you wear..?
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, Directions are overated, I did the same thing, used a small fan to dry out the balls untill I could stuff em back in!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Bob Luken:

Ahh...ummm...what size panty hose do you wear..?
    The knee highs, I don't think they have a size but they stretch real good ;)
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    jd50ae:
    If you need another one, just let me know. Free of charge, of course. I have a couple that I am no longer using.
    watch out for this one!! Bandy is sneaky!
    Money can't buy taste
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    bandyt09:
    jd50ae:

The devil you say...on this forum..?
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    bandyt09:
    jd50ae:
    Lee, I thought we were boys? Why you gots to do me like that? I was just trying to hook a brother up? That's just how I roll.