Home General Discussion
Options

Tat 10th Torpedo

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
Hey, has anyone else seen the Tatuaje 10th Anniversary in a larg-ish torpedo? I picked one up in a shop that is about 6x52 or so, prior to seeing it in that shop, I had only seen the small perfecto and corona-ish sizes.

Comments

• Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Likely the TAA exclusive size Pete makes for them. Sounds about the right size.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my shop has them. ... or had them.
  • Options
    So, after doing a little more research into this, here's what I found out. Apparently, as part of the 10th Anniversary deal, Tatuaje repackaged the original 6 sizes of the brown label with some fancy gold foil in the box itself and put the 10th Anniversary bands on them and rolled with a covered foot. What I have is the Unicos, they also released a lonsdale (Havana Cazadores), robusto (Regios), churchill (Tainos), corona (Noella), and lancero (Especiales).
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    So, after doing a little more research into this, here's what I found out. Apparently, as part of the 10th Anniversary deal, Tatuaje repackaged the original 6 sizes of the brown label with some fancy gold foil in the box itself and put the 10th Anniversary bands on them and rolled with a covered foot. What I have is the Unicos, they also released a lonsdale (Havana Cazadores), robusto (Regios), churchill (Tainos), corona (Noella), and lancero (Especiales).
    Yup spot on alien. He wet packed them hence the foil, the idea being supposedly that they undergo a bit more fermentation while being wet packed in foil. Smoked one of those 10th Anny Unicos about a month back and it was outstanding, but I can't say either way how different if at all the profile was from a normal Unicos. All I can say is that it was very very good! Goofy fun fact, each of the vitolas in the Brown Label Cazadores line if you take the first letter of the name of the size spells out HUNTER, which is Pete's dogs name... Supposedly he did that on purpose as a hot of a tribute to his fav dog.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    alienmisprint:
    Yup spot on alien. He wet packed them hence the foil, the idea being supposedly that they undergo a bit more fermentation while being wet packed in foil. Smoked one of those 10th Anny Unicos about a month back and it was outstanding, but I can't say either way how different if at all the profile was from a normal Unicos. All I can say is that it was very very good! Goofy fun fact, each of the vitolas in the Brown Label Cazadores line if you take the first letter of the name of the size spells out HUNTER, which is Pete's dogs name... Supposedly he did that on purpose as a hot of a tribute to his fav dog.

I had an Unicos yesterday, and I agree, it was a fantastic smoke. It definitely did remind me of the original blend Unicos, but its been so long since I've had one that I couldn't even begin to say whether its the same blend or not. I can say, with certainty, that it was not the same as the 10th Anniversary cigars, lol. But yeah, still a great smoke.

And that's some cool trivia, I didn't realize that. I dig little goofy stuff like that.