Home General Discussion

5 Vegas Relic Perfecto....Has anyone tried them..?

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
This is the smoke that caused me to ask about "dry boxing" and I would love some opinions.

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    This is the smoke that caused me to ask about "dry boxing" and I would love some opinions.
    Love 'em, and can score them for a great price.
    They burn a little fast for the size though, IMO.

I've gone through about 10 of them.....I don't remember ever dry boxing them & I don't recall any burn issues either.....

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had them. Haven't had one in a long time. Got mine years ago before I bought my house. Not sure I have any left. I remember that first one didn't impress me but I think after that with some age they were better.
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    I like them. Good construction, nice spice notes and a great value for the price point.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    The couple I had tasted like old shoes and moldy newspaper. That was a few years ago so maybe the newer stock is better.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh.... I prefer the Skull crusher over the Relic if I had a choice.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them a lot, and yes, dry-boxing is a good idea with them. They'll burn a lot better. Given a couple years in the humidor, no dry-box needed.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Bigshizza:
    Never had a skull crusher but if it is anything similar to the relic I may not need one.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Marker:
    The couple I had tasted like old shoes and moldy newspaper. That was a few years ago so maybe the newer stock is better.
    i never thought they were anything special. i remember them being tannic and in need of some serious age. ill see if i can dig out the ones that i put down a few months after they came out and give em a try.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    As far as perfecto?
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    Bigshizza:
    As far as perfecto?
    Of the couple I've had yeah
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love them, and they can be had on Sprint Sale for $62 for a box of 24! Dry boxing is a good idea.