Home General Discussion
Options

Opus x

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
So who here thinks they are that rare? I do like them but have to admit I like the anejos more. Yeah they are said too be rare and htf but I call bs anyone think the same?
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely not rare. Almost every B&M near me has them in stock. Finding them at MSRP is a little harder. I also love the Anejos!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Not rare. I do like them. Only one Opus dealer near me. Like Anejo as well. Sharks are a little tougher.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be rare out here in Cali. Specially in diff sizes.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I can feel on the sizes and the sharks!! But I think the 46anejo and the #5&4 opus are some of the best
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Local B&M here has plenty, but they are pricey. Bought a few for aging since everyone seems to say they need to age a while to get the most out of them.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blutattoo:
    Local B&M here has plenty, but they are pricey. Bought a few for aging since everyone seems to say they need to age a while to get the most out of them.
    smart move. have fun trying to hold off :)
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    hmmm.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I'm the minority but I like the X over the Anejo but that is just me.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    90+ Irishman:
    Anejo is my favorite of all time - hands down - never gets old. But I do love the Opus as well.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    With you on that.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Martel:
    90+ Irishman:
    With you on that.
    Me too, I need to revisit the Anejo soon,.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Same boat brother ..... I do enjoy the anejos as well.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    ... and me. Not an Anejo fan at all.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    OpusX is rare at MSRP and compared to most other fuentes they are a bit harder to find. not by much but some places sell out fast... and with only a few releases a year...
    i mean if you wanna call that rare....

i also like the OpusX over the anejo.
    ...but only aged.
    ill take a fresh Anejo over a fresh OpusX. but ill take an aged OpusX over either of the two fresh.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Is can be rare out here in Cali. Specially in diff sizes.
    What Daniel said. They are rare out here.

I've yet to have an anejo that sent me over the moon. I have several aging that may change my mind in time, but we'll see. I'm not a huge maduro fan.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Maybe Lost City rare? I have yet to have one, but they sure do look yummie......
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    I like them both. They all are over priced but damned Yummy ! That Lost City is off the hook !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    I like them both. They all are over priced but damned Yummy ! That Lost City is off the hook !
    Curt you looking for a lost city lol
  • Options
    robertgreen30:
    curtpick:
    STOP IT ROB ! I am not posting anymore . Grrrrrrrrrr
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    robertgreen30:
    curtpick:
    lmfao
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    robertgreen30:
    curtpick:
    robertgreen30:
    curtpick:
    lmfao
    I think that means Curt wants a DPG 10th, a Lost City Opus X, and a trip to Hawaii.

Did I get that right Curt?
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    I've been an Opus lover since the first day I smoked one....they are not rare by any means and one can find them pretty easily esp. online. To buy an Opus in the marketplace at B&M's can be a bit harsh depending on where you live. There are places where the taxes are still low enough and one can get them at a pretty decent price...I still get my Reservas for $15 a stick. While I like the Anejos as well they just don't have the same consistency as an Opus...JMHO.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    i like opus. like the anejos but still like the opus.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I smoked 2 Opus last night. Lost city then a robusto. However, I like the Anejo better in the #55. The other sizes are ok to me but the #55 is my favorite!
  • Options
    blutattoo:
    robertgreen30:
    curtpick:
    robertgreen30:
    curtpick:
    lmfao
    I think that means Curt wants a DPG 10th, a Lost City Opus X, and a trip to Hawaii.

Did I get that right Curt?
    Well if your offering !! LOL Hawaiii sound real nice bout now !