Home General Discussion
Options

Catalog prices from cigar.com

Do any of you still have some of the first cigar.com catalogs? Curious to hear how prices went up over the years.

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Really not that much.. It seems that prices have remained stable enough over the past six years I don't even notice. I will try and find an older issue and check. It seems by comparison the taxes would cause the biggest price increase and not the product itself.
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Cigars are like anything else...a commodity that is subject to move up and down according to demand. What I hate is the artificial demand of product that we know is done to charge more esp. if that product is pretty good. Funny how the Opus was one of those cigars that were so much in demand that people thought the supply wouldn't ever meet the demand but here we are over a decade later and it seems you can find this cigar just about anywhere and get them but the pricing is and will be high. Fuente knows how to market a cigar like no other except maybe for DE...I think they are doing a good job in making it appear that product is hard to keep up with demand. I will say this for DE...their product sure keeps getting better so as long as that is a constant I guess I can afford to throw a few more bucks their way.