Home General Discussion
Options

Full Humi...

Thanks Cigar.com. :) Thanks to your Daily Deal's, I had to smoke some AND give away a few last night just so I could close my humi. I picked up 2 5packs of the Man O War's on tuesday, and that topped me off! Now its time to find a good deal on a bigger humi....

Comments

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I had 70 cigars come in yesterday from ccom. Both my humidors are now stuffed - thankfully about half of those are for a friend of mine. He needs to get his ass over here before I smoke them all! Oh, and I ordered two packs of the daily cigar deal yesterday. Heh, I need to start on the coolidor.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    hey guys... im a good friend.

send me your sticks.
  • Options
    4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    I'm a newbie looking to expand my palate you can send some to me.
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    no reason for me but you can still send me some:p
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Im in the same dilemma, I just ordered 40 smokes and I can barely shut the door to my humi.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    This brings back memories of when I got my humi. I got it, seasoned it, and the next day it was filled to the brim along with 2 tupperwares also packed to the brim.
    When I would look through the humi, it would take me 5 minutes to reorganize the cigars so that the damned thing would close. LOL!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    problem solved, just ordered a 300-400 ct humidor ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Krieg:
    Well it's obvious that at some point you are going to overfill that too. So, avoid this problem I think you should send me some of your sticks and take some weight off of your shoulders

I mean that's what real friend do, right? They provide free storage :-D
  • Options
    Hugemoose:
    Krieg:
    Well it's obvious that at some point you are going to overfill that too. So, avoid this problem I think you should send me some of your sticks and take some weight off of your shoulders

I mean that's what real friend do, right? They provide free storage :-D
    I've got a buddy who charges rent in his humi. Especially if they have a cigar that he wants to smoke!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    TatuajeVI:
    I had 70 cigars come in yesterday from ccom. Both my humidors are now stuffed - thankfully about half of those are for a friend of mine. He needs to get his ass over here before I smoke them all! Oh, and I ordered two packs of the daily cigar deal yesterday. Heh, I need to start on the coolidor.

Your friend came by ... he doesn't have the nerve to tell ya he quit smoking cigars about an hour ago ...If you'll just mail those babies to the gmill880 cigar disposal unit it would be much appreciated ...and oh yeah your friend said thanks as well hahaha ...
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'm heading out tomorrow to find a cooler as well. I've got a ton of sticks coming my way Wednesday. Anyone know of a place that sells boveda packs by the dozen?
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Russ55:
    I'm heading out tomorrow to find a cooler as well. I've got a ton of sticks coming my way Wednesday. Anyone know of a place that sells boveda packs by the dozen?

You have a pm
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    SO, what is a good option for a humi on the fly? Can I use a good, empty cigar box with some humi packs? Or is some kind of tupperware container better?
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    NYHCx516x:
    SO, what is a good option for a humi on the fly? Can I use a good, empty cigar box with some humi packs? Or is some kind of tupperware container better?
    On the fly I'd say tupperware...

If the box is dry it will take time to get to a good Rh and if you put your stoags in there right away, some drying would occur... not allot, but some
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    NYHCx516x:

If the box is dry it will take time to get to a good Rh and if you put your stoags in there right away, some drying would occur... not allot, but some
    Well... I ordered today... so I have a few days to season one... or at least mess around. Would like *slightly* less ghetto in a cigar box than tupperware ;)
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    NYHCx516x:
    Lasabar:
    NYHCx516x:

Well... I ordered today... so I have a few days to season one... or at least mess around. Would like *slightly* less ghetto in a cigar box than tupperware ;)
    If you can put some humidification in it for now, you should be okay when you get the sticks.... I'd say box em then (plus, usually when you get cigars in the mail they can be overhumidified so the drying would be good)
  • Options
    Well, im kinda geeky, and like to play around with stuff... so I tried both routes.. a cigar box, and tupperware. Both... seem to be holding humidity too high, 75-80%. I seasoned the box, and have a humi pillow (from ccom packages) in the box, and the tupperware. I thought the pillow should keep humidity around 67.... not some 79 or 80. Kinda stumped.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    How to solve humidity problems.

1. Salt test your Hygro
    2. You should only be spraying your element (puck, pillow, beads, etc...). Go to your local drug store and get a travel sprayer. You should NEVER soak your elements.
    3. Test your seal. If your house is humid/dry this will affect your humidor if not properly sealed.
    4. Stop opening the humidor multiple times per day. If you do want to keep with this Obsessive Compulsive behavior (Don't worry, 95% of us do), get the beads and get 4-5 times what you need. This will help get the humidor back into the correct state after you have opened the lid.