Home General Discussion
Options

If only everyone had this problem OR My humidor overflow-eth

Hey Cigar Freaks (and I say that with love)
I guess if this was my only problem in the world, life wouldn't be so bad. I just got an order in from here and I have finally filled my humidor to capacity! And then some... I have a spare c.com bag w/pillow to hold another 7 wayward cigars and I have another 5 coming in from a different (yet unnamed auction site)... yikes!

I am probably on my way, as soon as I finish typing this out, to reduce inventory by 1. Tomorrow I have a party to attend and can give one to the new groom. I also noticed that c.com must have substituted a few sizes in their c.com brand sampler because I got a few 7.5 x 50 Churchill's in that batch. Guess what else I just found out. My humidor does not accommodate that size, unless it is sideways... grrrrrr.

Thy humidor overfloweths

Comments

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Well considering that I have the exact opposite problem (my humidor is quite empty and I have no money for sticks) I'd be happy to ''hold'' a few for ya ;-)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    damn picture is not showing up... Odd thing is I want to try all of them... I mean what if I like the Gurka Centurian.. I will want those four others on the other hand, if I don't like it I will be ready to offer up some. Hays, your very close to SF and I must consider you a good neighbor, that being said, we'll have to wait until I get my cabinet in before I go giving stuff away. Nice Try Though :)

• Options
    Ive got the same problem. Thought I could fit an extra daily deal in there but man o' war toros are huge so I ended up with 4 cigars in the little humi pouch lol
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    rad1964:
    damn picture is not showing up... Odd thing is I want to try all of them... I mean what if I like the Gurka Centurian.. I will want those four others on the other hand, if I don't like it I will be ready to offer up some. Hays, your very close to SF and I must consider you a good neighbor, that being said, we'll have to wait until I get my cabinet in before I go giving stuff away. Nice Try Though :)

Would love to see the pic of this over flowing humi.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    rad1964:

Lol aw shucks man! Haha it's all good... Didn't even notice you were SF - I'm down in that area all the time (I have family in Marin).... any good b&ms down there? My b&m experience has so far been woefully limited to those in town, and while I have one I love it's always fun to find others...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Very nice rad ...... i see lots of tasty little treats in there that i adore o so very much ....... i actually just got a lil relief in a 8 cigar sampler and a personal 20 count humi for a ridiculous price plus a great deal on a centurian with a 5 pack of my beloved DPG Blues ..... so i literally just finished seasoning the humi and had a re-orginizing party to situate myself ........ now iam ready for some more daily deals
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    TheShaun:
    rad1964:

Would love to see the pic of this over flowing humi.
    Hey. You got them working! And, damn that thing is stuffed.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    One word you wont find in a dictionary "tupperdore"
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Hays:
    rad1964:

Lol aw shucks man! Haha it's all good... Didn't even notice you were SF - I'm down in that area all the time (I have family in Marin).... any good b&ms down there? My b&m experience has so far been woefully limited to those in town, and while I have one I love it's always fun to find others...
    Hey Hays, next time you're in Marin try the B&M right near strawberry village off of 101(pm me for the name). They have a nice sitting room AND a great selection. Bewarned, you have to be a member to sit in the lounge. On certain occasions when no member is present, they'll let you sit inside. Of course you can sit out on the deck in a rocking chair and enjoy the scenery and a stick anytime.
    If you ever come down the peninsula let me know. We can hook up at my local B&M where you don't have to be a member to sit in the lounge.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Looks like you need to do the same thing California is doing...

Small controlled Fires... and LOTS of them!
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Although I removed one or two last night, today was a good day to organize my humidor and try and fit a few more sticks in there.
    I counted 53 total. So here's a picture after removing them (minus one of the Padilla Artisans, Fuente Petite Corono and a La Riqueza. (So I had 56 in there)

Lets see if I can get them back in there in a sort of order (keeping like brands and sticks together as well as having access to ones you plan on smoking in the very near future, so you don't have to dig to the bottom).

1st Layer - 13 plus 1 sideways = 14
    2nd Layer - 12 plus 1 sideways + 1 humi-tube = 13
    3rd Layer - 14 plus 4 sideways = 18
    4th Layer - 13 + 1 humi-tube = 13

organized humidor

I managed to get 58 cigars to fit and the order made perfect sense (to me).
    I had my larger sticks at the bottom, ones I will need to go camping to enjoy, lol, and then ones I want to see some age on, and then since I had a bunch of Graycliff's I started row 3 with them (3 Crystals + 1 Professional) and finished row 4 with more on top (3 1666's). There are just under the Pancho Sanzas to the left. See I know where they are! rofl

I have 3 I couldn't fit, so since I didn't want them to sit in the humi-bag forever, the three that are there are slated for puffing this Saturday when the UFC 103 airs. That's Ultimate Fighter Championship to those not in the know. (where fans will get to see the UFC hand feeding a victim to poor Mirco Crocop who has been defeated in both his previous fights after transferring from Pride Fights as a top contender. WOOT

Now I just have to worry about that order of 11 that ships out next week...

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I was the same way a few months ago - ordered a second (and larger) humidor. Now that one is about full, too. I have 10 more coming in today or tomorrow... heh. Love this hobby.
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316

Had a friend over the other night for a cigar.  He rolled his eyes when I brought out my full humidor.  He really rolled his eyes when I brought out the second larger humidor, also filled.  After explaining the economics of purchasing the daily deals, it all made perfect sense to him.  It's a hoot.

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Theedge:

Had a friend over the other night for a cigar.  He rolled his eyes when I brought out my full humidor.  He really rolled his eyes when I brought out the second larger humidor, also filled.  After explaining the economics of purchasing the daily deals, it all made perfect sense to him.  It's a hoot.

Hmmm... Economics of buying cigars... my girlfriend would HAVE to believe it!!!