Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Hockey season right around the corner!!

Comments

• Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Do you think Kessel will be as effective without his setup man?
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    TheShaun:
    Do you think Kessel will be as effective without his setup man?
    Blake, Pony, or maybe Matt Stagen might be a good fit for him. Have to wait and see. I'll bet that Burke will go and get someone who does the job if nobody on the Leafs right now can handle it. He won't let this kind of investment go bad... it would reflect on him too much, and he has a HUGE ego.
  • Options
    Pre-Season is over!!!!!!! Hockey is here again!!!! Lets Go Bruins!!!! HockeyHockeyHockeyHockey
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They built a new arena close to where I live. Our hockey team is the Missouri Mavericks. Since it is in Independence, Missouri which was the original meth capitol of the world I thought Methheads would be more fitting. Anywhoot I will be attending my first game when it opens. Guess it is considered a minor team? Gonna be fun!
  • Options
    Looks like your in the Central Hockey League... while the Mavericks have no NHL affiliation, other teams in the league do. Pretty cool enjoy the games!
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Falcifer:
    Looks like your in the Central Hockey League... while the Mavericks have no NHL affiliation, other teams in the league do. Pretty cool enjoy the games!
    I've been wanting to get out and see a CHL game for awhile. Texas alone has eight teams, lol. The Allen Americans play about 45 minutes to an hour from where I live.
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    Falcifer:
    I've been wanting to get out and see a CHL game for awhile. Texas alone has eight teams, lol. The Allen Americans play about 45 minutes to an hour from where I live.
    Ugh an hour drive that would kill me (granted I never really have to drive anywhere) I am literally a 20 minute walk from my house to Fenway Park and a 20 minute subway ride to the Garden... but never mnd that! Get out and watch the best sport (IMO) going!
  • Options
    Falcifer:
    Matt Marvel:
    Falcifer:
    Ugh an hour drive that would kill me (granted I never really have to drive anywhere) I am literally a 20 minute walk from my house to Fenway Park and a 20 minute subway ride to the Garden... but never mnd that! Get out and watch the best sport (IMO) going!
    Just about everything around here is at least a twenty-thirty minute drive, because it's so spread out. I guess the only folks who wouldn't have a good little drive would be those who live in Arlington. The Rangers ballpark and Cowboys Stadium are right in the middle of a neighborhood. There's an apartment complex right across the street from Cowboys Stadium, lol.
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    Falcifer:
    Matt Marvel:
    Falcifer:
    Just about everything around here is at least a twenty-thirty minute drive, because it's so spread out. I guess the only folks who wouldn't have a good little drive would be those who live in Arlington. The Rangers ballpark and Cowboys Stadium are right in the middle of a neighborhood. There's an apartment complex right across the street from Cowboys Stadium, lol.
    Don't get me wrong, I get it. The wife's family is all in LA county... everywhere we go when I am there is an hour to an hour and a half away...
  • Options
    Falcifer:
    Matt Marvel:
    Falcifer:
    Matt Marvel:
    Falcifer:
    Don't get me wrong, I get it. The wife's family is all in LA county... everywhere we go when I am there is an hour to an hour and a half away...
    Yeah, it keeps you from going too much. Usually, by the time I get to where I'm going, I'm too worn out to care from the drive, lol.
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    Falcifer:
    Matt Marvel:
    Falcifer:
    Matt Marvel:
    Falcifer:
    Yeah, it keeps you from going too much. Usually, by the time I get to where I'm going, I'm too worn out to care from the drive, lol.
    Not to mention the drinking... I know when I go to the Bruins games I like to have one or ten beers in me. Not gonna hurt too much drinking and walking (or stumbling).
  • Options
    I'm watching the Canadiens play Laker's beloved Leafs right now.
  • Options
    Annnnnnnddddddd sorry Doug. So it begins. The former Canadien takes the penalty to allow Montreal to tie it up, then the former Leaf gets the ball rolling on the game winner.
  • Options
    Early in the 1st, and not looking good for Vancouver :(
  • Options
    Ugh what a horrible display of hockey...
  • Options
    I called DirecTV and Comcast last night over their little pissing match with the Versus Network. Those imbeciles prevented a lot of folks from enjoying the Caps/Bruins game. Thanks for the blackout, ****!!
  • Options
    jlzimmerman:
    I called DirecTV and Comcast last night over their little pissing match with the Versus Network. Those imbeciles prevented a lot of folks from enjoying the Caps/Bruins game. Thanks for the blackout, ****!!
    The way I see it there is two ways to look at this. If you are a Bruins fan thank your lucky stars you missed that $hit-in-the-pants performance or if your a Caps fan there should be much kicking screaming and gnashing or teeth.
  • Options
    TheShaun:
    I guess I don't have to say too much here on this one eh Shaun?
    The Leafs looked OK tonight, but they need some more natural goal scorers, maybe Kessel will help.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    TheShaun:
    The Leafs looked OK tonight, but they need some more natural goal scorers, maybe Kessel will help.
    I love my nhl package... Though I don't get to see all the games, I do dvr the one's I can. Though things are much less impressive since my color wheel is broke, and the place I sent it too to repair it need a part from RCA so it's going on two weeks now, and I'm pissed. I'm thinking about just ordering a new one (out of production but I found 1 place that says it's in stock). It f'ing sucks!!!! I need to pick up one of them 55 lcd samsungs.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    TheShaun:
    The Leafs didn't look too shabby at all. I think they probably carried the play for the majority of the game.

As for Vancouver, I had to stop watching after the first. Work is stressful enough, I don't need my leisure activities causing stress too :)
  • Options
    TheShaun:
    laker1963:
    TheShaun:
    The Leafs didn't look too shabby at all. I think they probably carried the play for the majority of the game.

As for Vancouver, I had to stop watching after the first. Work is stressful enough, I don't need my leisure activities causing stress too :)
    Shaun, I am a Leafs fan. I know EXACTLY what you mean. Watching hockey is anything but stress free. LMAO
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    TheShaun:
    laker1963:
    TheShaun:

Shaun, I am a Leafs fan. I know EXACTLY what you mean. Watching hockey is anything but stress free. LMAO
    You don't say.... I would have never guessed.........
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    TheShaun:
    Anyone else care?
    I really dont care for hockey, but the old saying "I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out" is awesome!
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    TheShaun:
    Kessel will help any team he is on, set-up man or not. He is a naturally talented goal scorer and he'll put the puck in the net by himself if he has to. There is always a warming up/creating synergy process with your teammates buy he'll be 30+ this season I'll predict. I can't believe we traded him. Damn.
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    laker1963:
    TheShaun:
    Kessel will help any team he is on, set-up man or not. He is a naturally talented goal scorer and he'll put the puck in the net by himself if he has to. There is always a warming up/creating synergy process with your teammates buy he'll be 30+ this season I'll predict. I can't believe we traded him. Damn.
    I'm not sure when Kessel will start playing. I think he's injured or recovering from something. But to start the season that way will be tough to come back from. No training camp, or pre-season. 30 goals would be an incredible season for him.
  • Options
    Since the Canucks are a bunch of chokers, I'm looking forward to the game that's about to start. Leafs vs Capitals. Don't really get to see many Caps games here on the west coast.
  • Options
    TheShaun:
    Since the Canucks are a bunch of chokers, I'm looking forward to the game that's about to start. Leafs vs Capitals. Don't really get to see many Caps games here on the west coast.
    Holy crap! what a start to this game. Capitals for the cup!!!....or either team that's played vancouver so far.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Ooooooveeeeeechkiiiiiiiiin!!!!!!!
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    Ooooooveeeeeechkiiiiiiiiin!!!!!!!
    Too bad Toronto didn't start the Monster...maybe it would have been a different outcome. That first goal was a killer.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Avs start the season 2-0 Detroit starts 0-2. That's right Red Wings we have a better record than you. Stupid Red Wings name sound like something you find in the feminine hygiene aisle. Go Avalanche. Allow me to bask in this right now, its the only time this season I will be alloud to to