Home Cigar 101
Options

what tribe is this indian?

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
My whole leaf tobacco guy sent me this stick. No name on the band... just this indian. No cellophane. He has no idea where he got it or what it is. Anyone here identify it? Tastes like an old fashioned Lucky Strike (LSMFT).

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a puzzler! I ran all sorts of searches and came up with nothing. Possibly a non-commercial cigar? Interesting, too, that the word "Tobaco" is misspelled. Maybe the guy that writes this blog has seen it before...

http://cigarlabelblog.wordpress.com/2010/04/05/native-americans-in-cigar-label-advertising/
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not misspelled.
    Tobaco is a common spelling from Spanish, Portuguese and Caribbean regions.
    I've seen that band before, but have no idea who the maker is.
    I can't believe that there isn't some source that can identify cigar bands by image.
    You'd think after all this time, someone on the internet would come up with a site that identifies older cigars.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    It's not misspelled.
    I can't believe that there isn't some source that can identify cigar bands by image.
    You'd think after all this time, someone on the internet would come up with a site that identifies older cigars.
    Let's make an app and get rich. Like the barcode scanner.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    0patience:
    It's not misspelled.
    Let's make an app and get rich. Like the barcode scanner.
    No, actually, in my googling around before I posted the question here, I ran onto a couple of sites with pictures of bands grouped by brand. Just did not find this exact band.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    I cropped the image and uploaded it on google's Search By Image but nothing came up.
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    PAtoNH:
    I cropped the image and uploaded it on google's Search By Image but nothing came up.
    Same. There are also a surprisingly large amount of red bands with indians on them if you google that.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    PAtoNH:
    Same. There are also a surprisingly large amount of red bands with indians on them if you google that.
    Google's search engine is pretty much garbage anymore.
    It used to be that if you typed something, at least the first 2 pages were relevant to what you were looking for. Now, you get maybe one or two things relevant and the rest is garbage or stuff trying to sell you stuff.
    Not to mention that it wants to tell you what you are looking for. "Did you mean this?"
    No, if I meant that, I'd have typed that.

Sorry, got lost there for a moment. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    No_one21:
    PAtoNH:
    Google's search engine is pretty much garbage anymore.
    It used to be that if you typed something, at least the first 2 pages were relevant to what you were looking for. Now, you get maybe one or two things relevant and the rest is garbage or stuff trying to sell you stuff.
    Not to mention that it wants to tell you what you are looking for. "Did you mean this?"
    No, if I meant that, I'd have typed that.

Sorry, got lost there for a moment. LOL!
    Did you mean, "Google is amazing and everyone loves it! Praise Google!"? (because if you didn't you're likely in trouble and should repent lol)