Home Cigar 101
Options

storing 10 packs from Ccom Sprint Sale

PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
I've picked up some zip lock bagged 10 packs from Ccom and wanted to know how others integrate them into their humis. I have added some to existing boxes in the lower compartment of my footlocker humi and in the adjacent bay have put other 10 packs standing on end with the zip lock open, leaving the sticks in their cello. I removed the humi pillows from the 10 packs that accompanied them during shipment. How do you do yours??

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I just put them in my humi.This is not meant to be a snarky or troll comment, by the way.If they have cello, it stays on. No cello, no problem.
  • Options
    Not snarky at all, Rain… do you leave 'em in the 10 packs or load them out as singles?? I tend to un-cello the stuff in the top trays, but the "bulk"/boxed stuff stays with it's cello.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'll take them out of the 5 and 10 pack bag, I'm pretty sure those don't let air in or out (at least not much.) I do try to keep them near each other though, as much as possible.My humi has two trays on top. One of those if where I put all my gars with no cello, because having little tobacco scraps everywhere would annoy the **** out of me.
  • Options
    Thanks Rain, I didn't know if Ccom stores them like that before shipping. I can always add in another partition and stack 'em up as singles but it IS easier having them grouped as 10 packs.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Input them in how ever they will fit...usually ill putt five somewhere and five in the aging box...after many a purchase you'll have a good amount of aged sticks
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Thanks Lee, in my case it'll be a few on the upper shelves and the rest "in the hold" of the footlocker. It's a new process for me and I'm not 100% sure the smokes in the compartments below are aging or resting (as I've read here that there are differences in those processes). But as I get more familiar with the differences in humidity between the lower compartments and upper shelves I'll be able to fine tune it.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I assume you mean the wrapped up fivers or tenners. They are wrapped in cello I believe, and stored that way at Ccom/CI/Cbid. So you can put them in your humi that way, or break them up into singles.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    I assume you mean the wrapped up fivers or tenners. They are wrapped in cello I believe, and stored that way at Ccom/CI/Cbid. So you can put them in your humi that way, or break them up into singles.
    That's right. I currently have the tenners unzipped/opened and standing in the bottom of the footlocker and hoping they'll get the benefits of humidity and cedar over time. I could break them into singles but the grouping makes it easier to keep track of.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    PAtoNH:
    catfishbluezz:
    That's right. I currently have the tenners unzipped/opened and standing in the bottom of the footlocker and hoping they'll get the benefits of humidity and cedar over time. I could break them into singles but the grouping makes it easier to keep track of.
    No need for the baggie really, unless you want to keep them separate in that way. Otherwise, I liked storing them that way as it was a tighter fit.