Home Non Cigar Related

Record Cold predicted for MID WEST.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Seems a lot of really cold air is hanging around the N Pole and is expected to hit us with record breaking results.

Maybe we should have kept that $7.45Billion we sent overseas to help with climate change here, and made blankets.

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me correct that.

'Polar vortex' set to bring dangerous, record-breaking cold to much of US. But al gore will be nice and warm.

"As much of the country digs out from a powerful winter storm that buried parts of the Northeast, tundra-like temperatures are poised to deliver a rare and potentially dangerous blow to the Midwest, with forecasters predicting a near-record or historic cold outbreak. The "polar vortex," as one meteorologist calls it, is expected to send cold air piled up at the North Pole down to the U.S., funneling it as far south as the Gulf Coast and driving temperatures below freezing for most of the nation. Forecasters expect a weekend warm-up in some areas before temperatures plunge again, sending wind chill temperatures in areas in North Dakota and Minnesota to minus 50 degrees by Saturday night. Those states are notorious for their cold winters, but states in the Mid-Atlantic and New England can also expect wind chill temperatures as low as minus 20 degrees."
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    That's brutal. Stay warm and safe everybody that's affected
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calling for 4-8 inches of snow tomorrow & coldest temps in 20 years Mon-Tues here in OH. Time to stock up on hot cocoa and get out the extra blankets.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Maybe we should have kept that $7.45Billion we sent overseas to help with climate change here, and made blankets.
    Note how you used the current term "climate change", which is a tautology, in place of the original "global warming", which is dubious.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

webmost:
    jd50ae:
    Note how you used the current term "climate change", which is a tautology, in place of the original "global warming", which is dubious.

I use "climate change" to further poke fun at liberals who are forever on the search for words that make them sound as if they knew what they are talking about.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Silly liberals. Thank goodness we have the solid logic of a few cold days to counter that silly fact of warming overall over generations.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Do conservatives actually take every single opportunity to attack liberals??? As for the cold......meh. I've lived in Michigan all of my life. I'll give y'all a couple pointers. Don't go outside when it is below zero. Actually, that is the only advice I have. And in parting..... image
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Oh, THAT mission was done quick. Iraq's Army had surrendered and we held their capital. As for the rest...we could end the insurgency pretty quick. But then we'd be called mean names.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Eh yesterday was wind chills that were -15 and the day before we got about 6inches of snow...it happens
    Money can't buy taste
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Seems a lot of really cold air is hanging around the N Pole and is expected to hit us with record breaking results.

Maybe we send so much overseas because there is no manufacturing base left in the US to produce signifigant green house gasses. China, the worlds #1 polluter, manufacturer and exporter has zip nada for environmental regulations. But it's ok...Wind turbines will save us all... just ask T. Boone Pickens how that worked out for him...

How bout we all become vegetarians ged rid of the cows who rip a hole in the ozone everyime they bust ass. Then we can grow more veggies which will cause us to have to spray even more chemicals onto already barren unfertile soil. Anyone wanna take a stab where the cheapest chemicals are made due to non existent regulations...Thanks for selling us out Dow, Dupont and my personal favorite Monsanto.

Im not playing "lets poke the snake with a stick" here but in my mind, my belief...there is NO solution to this problem. Just like there are NO solutions to illegal immigration, mideast violence, pollution and americas complete lack of a manufacturing base. The things are just the tips of the icebergs, a sign of the times if you will. I'm more concerned with how we first derail the greed train that got us here in the first place.
    Your right Jet.......this, like most topics we hear on the news on a daily basis are just smoke and mirrors to keep the public at large dumb and fighting while those in power and influence continue to rake it in.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Your right Jet.......this, like most topics we hear on the news on a daily basis are just smoke and mirrors to keep the public at large dumb and fighting while those in power and influence continue to rake it in.

Holy crap...I think i just agreed with you :)
    BTW Sleeve, I much prefer the infamous "bulge" pic on the aircraft carrier.
    Jetmech_63:
    Vulchor:

Not as much different in people as we want to think;)
    Jetmech_63:
    Vulchor:

I'll be...so do I.
    I was not attacking liberals and I am not a conservative.

My wife is a liberal(not as much as she use to be)and so is her mother(hard core).
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Oh, THAT mission was done quick. Iraq's Army had surrendered and we held their capital. As for the rest...we could end the insurgency pretty quick. But then we'd be called mean names.
    Amen Brother.
    Bob Luken:
    Rain:
    Amen Brother.

+ Amen
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    webmost:
    jd50ae:

I use "climate change" to further poke fun at liberals who are forever on the search for words that make them sound as if they knew what they are talking about.
    This gripe always makes me laugh. Do y'all understand how science works? Theory-test-refine-test-refine, etc.? yeah, it was called global warming 30-40 years ago but as the data improved a more accurate term was created. Remember how we used to think maggots came JUST because meat was left out? Or how diseases were caused by bad "humours" and could be cured by bleeding or by being touched by the bones of a dead dude the church said was cool with god? If science didn't adapt as it acquired more data we'd still be tossing virgins into volcanoes to make it rain, and there are MUCH better things to do with virgins...
    My wife went to THE BIG BOX STORE for another space heater, they were all gone. They were going to re-stock over night.