Home Cigar 101
Options

Box dimensions

rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
What are the dimensions for a basic box of cigars. I do not have any old boxes to measure and couldn't find anything when I Googled it. I am trying to figure out the most minimum dimensions I will need to look for in a small desktop humidor that I can comfortably store one random box.

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    rad1964:
    What are the dimensions for a basic box of cigars. I do not have any old boxes to measure and couldn't find anything when I Googled it. I am trying to figure out the most minimum dimensions I will need to look for in a small desktop humidor that I can comfortably store one random box.

One random box of what size cigars? You may have better results googling the different sizes of cigars and then decide what stick you would like to load into your humi.
    If you want to be able to hold anything up to a Churchill it will need to be 8 inches or better inside in at least one direction, as you can store longer sticks sideways in the humi along with shorter vitola's facing the usual direction.
    You could also just check the sizes in the Cigar section here at C.COM and decide from there. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    yes I thought of that, my size at this point is certainly smaller then a churchill. I was just curious if most boxes have play room or if there are other measurements I need to take into considoration. Storing the box the normal way would be my only measurement I need.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    rad1964:
    yes I thought of that, my size at this point is certainly smaller then a churchill. I was just curious if most boxes have play room or if there are other measurements I need to take into considoration. Storing the box the normal way would be my only measurement I need.
    I don't think there are true "standard" sizes. Most Humi's are rectangle so if you do need to put in a longer stick sideways is an option like I said.
    Here are the measurements of a few old boxes and the stick size for each from what I have lying around.
    1 - Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signatures- Stick size 6 X 47, box size (outside demensions) 6 3/4 inches X 7 inches X 2 3/4 high
    Padilla Habano No.2 Torpedos, Stick size 6.2 X 52, Box Size 7 1/4 X 5 1/2 X 4 inches.
    Oliva Series G Special G's Stick size 3.7 X 48, Box size 4 3/4 X 6 3/4 X 4 1/2
    Most Humi's will hold more then one box of a particular size of cigar, but you will have to choose one that will fits your needs according to what you will be storing.
  • Options
    Thank you Laker, those dimensions will do! I already have a humidor (see the thread my humidor overflow-eth) I was looking for a small enough size to house a few extra sticks and one case before I go and purchase a large cabinet humidor.