Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Reports of wells freezing.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
A lot of people here have well water and with the works above ground and far from people's house's and they are freezing up. Our doctor closed his office because of no water. The well people here have a monopoly and they are going to be raking in a lot of money. No report of any fires, keeping fingers crossed.

At least the roads are dry.

Wonder how the delivery cervices are doing....

I am going back to bed and get under the covers.......

Comments

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    A lot of people here have well water and with the works above ground and far from people's house's and they are freezing up. Our doctor closed his office because of no water. The well people here have a monopoly and they are going to be raking in a lot of money. No report of any fires, keeping fingers crossed.

At least the roads are dry.

Wonder how the delivery cervices are doing....

I am going back to bed and get under the covers.......
    I have a friend who works at an Amazon distribution center up North, and work shifts are "voluntary". Don't know how fedex/ups/usps are getting around in the tundra, but I expect their volume goes way down if businesses are closed.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting on several parts coming from the east side.
    Most of them are hung up in transit, a few can't be made because of their water lines are frozen.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Even as far south as Georgia, I awoke to a quarter inch of ice on the insides of the window two feet over my head.
    One of the main wells that supply Rockmart went out due to the cold and many had no water through the city water supply.
    I guess they considered us exempt from such low temperature's this far south.

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Stay warm brother Rodney, and just think, you will be working on your garden in a few short weeks.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Stay warm brother Rodney, and just think, you will be working on your garden in a few short weeks.

Amen!

• Options
    Our county water just went down along with all the neighboring towns.
    Fun,fun,fun, I am just glad I had just bathe minutes before this be fail us and supper was almost done!
    :-)

• Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I read today that somewhere in Illinois it was -47 with the windchill. A friend's son up in the upper peninsula STILL went ice fishing, he said the only downside was when they needed to take a leak.