Home General Discussion
Options

new humi

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Well, I bit the bullet and found a nice 300-400 ct humidor for $69. I ordered it and should be here this week. I plan on using this humi for aging my smokes. The first cigar I bought to put in there is a Padron 1964 :) If anyone is interested, I'll post a link to it.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    lets see this baby. I'm interested to see what you got that will hold that much for less than 100 bucks.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Well, I bit the bullet and found a nice 300-400 ct humidor for $69. I ordered it and should be here this week. I plan on using this humi for aging my smokes. The first cigar I bought to put in there is a Padron 1964 :) If anyone is interested, I'll post a link to it.
    I would definitely like a link, but if it's not Cigar.com just shoot me a PM!
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    nsezell:
    lets see this baby. I'm interested to see what you got that will hold that much for less than 100 bucks.
    Agreed.
  • Options
    Yeah I really wanna see this bad boy!
  • Options
    Ok, here it is. Link, external site!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I just got that same one. Its cheap but mine has a good seal so I think it should work just fine.
  • Options
    sweet, so you like it pretty good?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Nice. Let us know how you like it. If your review is positive, I might pick one of these up.
  • Options
    Well, its not going to win any awards for craftsmanship or looks. Some of the veneer has chipped but if you go into the puchase knowing its basically a scratch and dent humidor then I think you will be happy. This is the humidor my wife got me for our 1st anniversary and I was worried that she spent too much until I saw the price in your link. Now I am happy, its well worth the 69 bucks with free shipping.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Goldy:
    Well, its not going to win any awards for craftsmanship or looks. Some of the veneer has chipped but if you go into the puchase knowing its basically a scratch and dent humidor then I think you will be happy. This is the humidor my wife got me for our 1st anniversary and I was worried that she spent too much until I saw the price in your link. Now I am happy, its well worth the 69 bucks with free shipping.

My question would be I didn't see 'spanish cedar' noted anywhere; just cedar. Will this basically be like a regular cedar chest and will it pose any problems down the road? How about holding humidity? Inquiring minds want to know ...
  • Options
    Goldy:
    Cool, thats all I need is more storage, I wasn't looking for anything fancy. Just a place to age some smokes and maybe store couple of boxes.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought a 300 ct humi from the same guy several months ago. I've been very pleased with mine. I'm about to get another one from him cause my first one filled up a lot faster than I originally thought it would. Mainly my fault for buying so many cigars! I'm sure you'll enjoy yours Krieg.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Goldy:

My question would be I didn't see 'spanish cedar' noted anywhere; just cedar. Will this basically be like a regular cedar chest and will it pose any problems down the road? How about holding humidity? Inquiring minds want to know ...

Ya, the cedar is different than most I think but it is not too fragrant so thats good. As for holding humidity, I have no idea as I am living in a hotel and am away from my cigars and hygrometers. I tried to do a dollar test but didn't have any dollars, only recipts and it failed the recipt test. I think the dollar should work though.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Pics?
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    I bought a 300 ct humi from the same guy several months ago. I've been very pleased with mine. I'm about to get another one from him cause my first one filled up a lot faster than I originally thought it would. Mainly my fault for buying so many cigars! I'm sure you'll enjoy yours Krieg.
    glad to hear it, just got an email saying it was shipped out last night, should be at my house by Friday! Now only question is, how many beads do I need?? Guess it's back to the ol Heartfelt calculator! lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how many beads to use. I just use the humidifiers that came with the humidor with mix of distilled water and propylene glycol solution and I threw in a few Humi packs as well. It stays pretty stable at 70%.