Home General Discussion

Long Shot

perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
So here is a question for the elder statesmen (and women) of the boards. My boss and I were talking cigars the other day and he said the best cigar he ever had was a Dunhill from Belgium in the 1970's. The guy is in for a rough year (we all are, but he's promised to take as much heat off us as he can and we've been through this before, he hasn't) so my supervisor and I are gonna put together a "first aid" kit (booze, stogies, maybe some antipsychotics ;->) for him and I wanted to try and find something with a similar taste profile.

Like I said, it's a long shot and if nobody has any idea what those tasted like that's cool, I have a good idea of some modern smokes to give him.

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm correct, Dunhill was a cuban cigar and seemed to be the preference of Churchill.
    The 70s Dunhill was supposedly made in the Partagas factory in Cuba.
    So if I were to guess which cigars might come close, I'd consider just about any Cc. But I've always been a fan of the Partagas Cc.

I'm sure someone more versed can add a better perspective than me though.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dunhill Aged Dominican sold here on CCOM looks very similar to Dunhills I smoked in Germany in the '80s. I don't think you can go wrong with it, really. Dunhill's very traditional. I wonder if they change much.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I really don't know much about the old dunhills but for me I would go with something like the psp2's and some davidoff
    Money can't buy taste
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Excellent, thanks! the Aged and info on where they were made helps a bunch.