Home Cigar 101

What do you mean by this?

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've heard some you of refer to having a particular cigar in your rotation. Is this like a set schedule like a batting rotation in baseball where you know the next few sticks in order or is that just actually more of a figure of speech?

Myself, I have a hard time making a choice for a smoke. I usually don't have a stick in mind ahead of time and I'm stuck there rummaging through a couple of humidors and maybe a couple of coolers before I can commit.

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eenie meenie miney MO!
    Move over one and repeat. LOL!
    Ok, so it weren't that funny.

I stand there staring, while my mind tries to decide what I want. Then by the time it figures out what I want, my mind has wandered off somewhere's else and I forgot what I was there for.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Yes, this means it's one of my go to regular cigars I know I will enjoy.
    Just reach your hand in and pick bro. If I think too much about it, I tend to enjoy it less.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Eenie meenie miney MO!
    Move over one and repeat. LOL!
    Ok, so it weren't that funny.

No, it WAS kinda funny ;)
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    Just reach your hand in and pick bro. If I think too much about it, I tend to enjoy it less.
    I'm considering actually picking out half a dozen or so and only allowing myself to finsh those before I move on. But then again, that's putting too much thought into it. LOL
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Rotation is a few go to cigars for me. I try a few I havent had. If I need a good cigar fix...Back to the rotation I go. I was actually just thinking about this tonight. I have so many to try, so little time. A dud here or there sends me right back to the cigars I know I'm going to enjoy.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    james40:
    I'm considering actually picking out half a dozen or so and only allowing myself to finsh those before I move on. But then again, that's putting too much thought into it. LOL
    The biggest problem I run into is when I get down to 2 or 3 of those cigars I know I like, I spend an enormous amount of time avoid them, knowing full well, I want to go to them. LOL!

Then it is a back and forth battle.
    I haven't tried this one yet, but I really like this one, but this one will do great for the time I got, but this one looks good. Oh wait, where did this one come from? Aw crap.

If you're laughing at that, I don't feel so alone then. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • LOL!!! I can only imagine but sure I'll find out what you mean brother.

• PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    I try and keep my ready-to-smokes on the top shelf. I usually have a good idea of what I'm in the mood for but try to keep some "unknowns" handy for when I feel adventurous. :)
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep a 30 ct for stuff that I haven't tried yet but will get to shortly, a 20 ct for stuff I've tried and like and a 20 for yardgars, this is so that I don't have to rumage around in my mediums more than once a week or so. I try to keep from digging around in the big boys no more than once or twice a month, dosen't always work out though!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    for me it just means that there are always a few of them in my humidor.
  • Enjoying this lovely afternoon with a Flor de las Antillas robusto.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I don't use the phrase...cause well, like most others...I'll head to the humi all..."ooh, I want this one!"...then I open the humi. Well, he looks good...then again, she's kinda sexy....what was I doing again?....I'll take this one!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jiagmbah:
    Enjoying this lovely afternoon with a Flor de las Antillas robusto.

Kinda hard to beat a FDLA. Enjoy, Brother......
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Over the years I have several cigars in my rotation so to speak.. It is a cigar that I have a box or more of that I enjoy more than most, have plenty of, and usually a lower priced cigar. They have been.. 5 Vegas Classic, Rocky Patel Vintages 90 and 92, Nording, Bauza ( for a long time), Camacho Havana, Fuentes Cuban Corona, and Avo Classic. Right now it is the Ramon Bueso Odyssey.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    To me, it just means I can always grab it and know what I am getting and will like it. Regius, all the new KBF stuff, both Elogio, Avo classic and XO, and ISOM are my rotation. Otherwise, I am smoking for review.
  • lOolllxxx. :P