Home Cigar 101
Options

Frost Bitten

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
I frequent another forum devoted to whole leaf tobacco for guys who want to roll their own. This other forum is unacquainted with the joy of bombs. So, over Christmas, I shot off ten bomblets to various corners of the country, counting on no reply. To my surprise, one of these guys shot back last night. One degree yesterday morning. Six degrees last night when they arrived. Package only came from Quakertown, just a day away. But look at the frost bite these sticks got in the brown truck:

See the frost on them? Even the home-made humi pack he included in the baggie was frozen hard.

So. What's the best way to bring these frost bitten sticks back to life?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    put them in the humidor. let em sit.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YIKES!!!
    But on the plus side, you shouldn't have to worry about any beetles coming from these....
    kuzi16:
    +1 Yep, let them sit for a while before you smoke one.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmm cigarsicles
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Well that's where I have them now. I figured the intense cold must've dried them out unreal. But because they are home rolled, I put them in the coolidor, where I keep the bulk machine mades as well as the ones I have rolled myself.

The coolidor, by the way, does one heck of a better job than the fancy cedar box with marquetry. Utterly stable inside that plastic chest.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing beetles won't be a problem. :)
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.