Home General Discussion
Options

Local Cigar Event.

So I have a question to the smokers out there.

My local B&M cigar shop is having a cigar event.  I realize they are mist likley different for each retailer. But I have never been to one.

Has anyone been to one?

Do you get free cigars?

How do they go?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Comments

• Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    magicseven:
    So I have a question to the smokers out there.

My local B&M cigar shop is having a cigar event.  I realize they are mist likley different for each retailer. But I have never been to one.

Has anyone been to one?

Do you get free cigars?

How do they go?

Thanks in advance for any info.
    It really depends. Here's how they usually go at my B&M:

Say Oliva is the guest- the shop will run specials on all of the blends from Oliva, they will do something like buy 3 get 1 free. There will also be a raffle, with five or six people walking away with some goodies. Oliva will have reps present to discuss their blends, the industry, and any news they're allowed to share about upcoming projects and the like. For the most part, it's just a way to get more people into one spot to drink, smoke, and shoot the breeze.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it all depends on the sponsor. Usually you will walk away with a free cigar of the brand that is sponsoring, there is usually prizes, and depending on the turn out you could have some face-time with some higher ups in the cigar biz...

If not, or your B&M is cruddy then at least you will be smoking cigars with a BUNCH of people and you will always make new friends!
  • Options
    Ok thanks for the input guys.

I see your in Wi Lasabar, heck maybe we will be at the same one!  LOL

I am going to the one at The Tasting Room in Monona.

Jesus Fuego & Xikar HC Series Cigar Event

Thursday September 17th, 2009 4 pm to 8 pm

Cigar event featuring the already highly rated Havana Collection (HC) made by J. Fuego. Come taste the 3 varieties : Ecuador Connecticut Shade, Nicaraguan Shade grown Criollo, and Jalapa Valley Habano Colorado! We'll have an outstanding raffle (thanks to Xikar), great specials and of course good people and good fun.

Here's the specs on it.

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    That one sounds pretty fun Magic.

In regards to your earlier question, my b&m does a couple different kind of events. One Saturday per month, or so, they have a brand-specific 'tasting'. They invite a rep from the company to come out and tell customers about the brand, and any sticks from that brand are half-price if you sit and smoke in the shop (which is all good with me). So basically you can try a couple sticks for the price of one. They'll usually offer special deals on box purchases as well. This month was Gurkha, last month was Rocky Patel. Both were awesome.

This weekend, however, they're having a big cigar festival and there will be reps from 6 or so companies there, along with food, music, displays etc... Entry gets you a free cigar from each company.

Have fun at the event, and let us know how it goes!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    magicseven:
    Ok thanks for the input guys.

I see your in Wi Lasabar, heck maybe we will be at the same one!  LOL

I am going to the one at The Tasting Room in Monona.

Jesus Fuego & Xikar HC Series Cigar Event

Thursday September 17th, 2009 4 pm to 8 pm

Cigar event featuring the already highly rated Havana Collection (HC) made by J. Fuego. Come taste the 3 varieties : Ecuador Connecticut Shade, Nicaraguan Shade grown Criollo, and Jalapa Valley Habano Colorado! We'll have an outstanding raffle (thanks to Xikar), great specials and of course good people and good fun.

Here's the specs on it.

I've never been to the tasting room, but I just googled it... It's about 1:20 from me (as I'm in Milwaukee)....

Unfortunately I am working that night and won't be able to attend, but perhaps in the Future!!!