Home Cigar 101

Anyone ever try.......

blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
An electric humidifier in their cooler? Ccom has one for $80 that has a built in hygrometer. I'm having a heck of a time keeping the rh up enough in my cooler and thought this might be more consistent. I think I found a thread addressing the issue never mind.

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blutattoo:
    An electric humidifier in their cooler? Ccom has one for $80 that has a built in hygrometer. I'm having a heck of a time keeping the rh up enough in my cooler and thought this might be more consistent. I think I found a thread addressing the issue never mind.
    Post a link to the other thread please. I might have the same problem next week.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have thought about it but everything is holding steady with KL, I haven't even had to spritz in about 3 mo or so. As long as it works I will stick with it.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    I use a cooler with beads and I used some type of weather stripping with double sided tape to line the lid (I was in Iraq at the time so I used what I had handy) and I've never had any issues.
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    blutattoo:
    Post a link to the other thread please. I might have the same problem next week.
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/327309.aspx
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno if you found your answer, but I would be willing to bet an active humidification system would be overkill in a cooler. They aren't that big, and since the plastic doesn't absorb humidity like a large cabinet, it'd probably pump too much moisture in, (or just never have to click "on"). Not to mention that cooler usually seal extremely well, and if not weather stripping will fix it.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Usually when this happens it is due too people putting in dry cigar boxes...if everything is seasoned you really shouldn't have a problem unless your cooler doesn't seal.
    Money can't buy taste