Home Cigar 101
Options

Xikar Hygro Battery

gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
After many months of faithful service, the battery on my Xikar hygro went tiiits up. Tried to remove the little disc battery, but it is not easily removed. So...question is-do I send it back to Xikar under "warranty" or can I just take to my local Batteries Plus and get a replacement that will work properly in this fine unit? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can probably get your local battery place to help remove it. Is it stuck? I've never had trouble changing those little batteries.
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    You can probably get your local battery place to help remove it. Is it stuck? I've never had trouble changing those little batteries.
    Seems stuck...I'll take it local. Thanks.
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    The last time a hygro went south I noticed the display was really faint so I thought.. "battery needs replacing"… went to CVS and spent $10 on a battery… put in new battery… hygro still NG… lesson learned… I'd send it back.
  • Options
    jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    PAtoNH:
    The last time a hygro went south I noticed the display was really faint so I thought.. "battery needs replacing"… went to CVS and spent $10 on a battery… put in new battery… hygro still NG… lesson learned… I'd send it back.
    By me the Batteries Plus will put in a new battery for free and it if doesnt work they take it out and dont charge you. I get my car keys done there too for $5. hard to beat