Home Non Cigar Related
Options

NJ Scandal

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
How has the Christie lane closure issue not been brought up here yet??? I realize that Obama can't be blamed, but I would have assumed that all of the "smaller government" people would have some outrage about this. Guess not....
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    A deliberate traffic jam on a bridge is hardly a scandal when compared to all the current, top tier, scandals that are plaguing our country.

Sucks what happened but most of the time, the GWB is a mess to cross over due to construction, rush our, baseball/tennis games, accidents, disable vehicles, just because, etc.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe in less government. And I kinda like Christie. So I guess you were talking at guys like me
    It's shocking. It is outrageous. It is ridiculous that Christie has people this close to him that did ridiculous and petty and potentially dangerous thing. That certainly looks real bad on him. And if it is proven he orchestrated it then he's not worthy of the public trust and this will devastate his career.

Yeah. it's outrageous but I'm not exactly outraged. Maybe if I had been stuck on that bridge I'd have some outrage.

And I won't make any comparisons to Pres. Obama unless you really want me to.
  • Options
    I'll be blunt and express my real feelings on the topic. Had this "issue" been centered on Obama or a high-profile Democratic Governor, it would have been posted here and thoroughly "discussed" the minute it made news. Since it was (quite possibly) the highest profile, most likely Republican Presidential nominee, it hasn't even been brought up despite being the top story for the past couple days.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Did you type that on your Obamaphone?
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, let's have a show of hands..... Everyone who believes Christie knew nothing about the lane closure debacle, please raise your hand...... er, uh, I mean say "Aye".... uh, well, you know....
  • Options
    Not sure how this board leans but regardless of what political affiliation you favor, this so called traffic scandal is a weak one. The only reason it's garnering so much attentions is because the majority of the media is looking for anything to blow up out of proportion and discredit him to give Hillary a better chance.

For us in NJ, CC is a RINO and leans towards the center. With all the recent fails from both parties and the ever-increasing number of people going independent, CC will most likely prevail unless another scandal emerges.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    Rain:
    Did you type that on your Obamaphone?
    !@#$%$^%#$... There goes my coffee.
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Whenever I see Chris Christie I can hear Fat Bast**d's voice in my head… "Get In My Belly!"…. :)
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure but yeah I'm sure cc knew all about it and was behind it...IMO he's a stupid child and can't get how people of nj keep voting him in.
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I'm not sure but yeah I'm sure cc knew all about it and was behind it...IMO he's a stupid child and can't get how people of nj keep voting him in.
    NJ politicians are scraped from the bottom of the barrels and their names are placed on the voting ballots. You make it sound like we a choice for something better.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't live in NJ, so I can't really say one way or the other on Christie.
    But, it's interesting how a politician gets under fire by folks when they get thrown into the spotlight.
    There are dozens of politicians in other states who do absolutely nothing and nothing is said.
    And when I say nothing, I mean they would rather take vacations and hide away, than do their job.
    Or when they do their job, all they do is make a mess of things.

As for how these people get elected, as was stated, most often they are the lesser of 2 evils.
    When you look at some of these elections and see the running mates and do research on the running mates, you start to see why that person was elected.

I mean, if you look at it, who can afford to run for political offices?
    People with money. And often how they got that money is questionable.
    Do you really think an honest, hard working person will ever get into public office?
    I don't see it.

As for the bridge. I find it interesting that Oregon has had very similar incidences several times in Portland, yet it's never fired at the governor as the problem. Not sure I understand all of that.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    I am a "republican" who thinks this situation just lifted the corner of the covers off of American politics. Ineffective, self serving, and greedy to the core.

I am honestly so disgusted with both sides that I can no longer associate myself with either.

The current group of clowns running the circus appear hell bent on driving this country into the ground while the populace slowly watches their control of the country slip away.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tempest in a teapot.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    I'll be blunt and express my real feelings on the topic. Had this "issue" been centered on Obama or a high-profile Democratic Governor, it would have been posted here and thoroughly "discussed" the minute it made news. Since it was (quite possibly) the highest profile, most likely Republican Presidential nominee, it hasn't even been brought up despite being the top story for the past couple days.
    I agree totally. Had it been a Democrat, the conservative media and political blocs would have made this this crime of the century. But, even I, an Obama supporter (even if I hate his failure to reign in the NSA and am disgusted with the way he's rolled out Obamacare), think that this particular "scandal" isn't worth the ink that has been wasted on it. Maybe it's because I'm from Massachusetts, where we INVENTED gerrymandering and political chicanry.
  • Options
    Can somebody explain to me how the traffic jam was supposed to be payback? The logic is not apparent to me.
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    Can somebody explain to me how the traffic jam was supposed to be payback? The logic is not apparent to me.
    The congestion was in a city whose mayor didn't support Christie.
  • Options
    If the order for the lane closures came from the Governor's people how does that hurt the mayor? Did they (Christie's people) try and make it look like the mayor ordered it?

I'm just trying to understand it.
  • Options
    They were just making life hell for the people represented by that mayor.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Had he been a democrat we wouldn't even know about it, pure and simple. I don't understand why everyone thinks he knew anything about this. There is no logical reason he should have; he has staff, not minions. Good for him for not micromanaging his staff and good for him for dropping the hammer in an instant. This is just one more illustration of CC as a great leader IMO. Obama should fly back over here and take notes this time.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Tempest in a teapot.
    "Bridgegate". Phil Robertson. Paula Deen. Female Indian Diplomat.

Insert non-issue here

If we're all busy checking up on this nonsense..........................

............................................What're they doing that we're NOT seeing?

?????????????????????????????

That's probably where we should be getting worried.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's important to maintain a sense of proportion.

Underlings sell confiscated "assault" weapons to Mexican drug lords, a cop gets killed with one, and no heads roll. That's a scandal.

Underlings stick a half dozen orange plastic cones in a couple bridge toll access lanes, there's a traffic jam, and heads roll. That's no scandal.

The answer is not to taint a man who holds his people accountable.

Is it.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Ken Light:
    Had he been a democrat we wouldn't even know about it, pure and simple...
    You are assuming this story broke because Democrats want to bring down Christie. Democrats find Christie favorable in many polls (google it). If you're looking for a conspiracy, you might also consider that parts of the GOP may want to damage him politically as he is not in step with their core values and because he appeared to endorse Obama in the last election with his photo opps and spirit of cooperation during the aftermath of hurricane Sandy. Many still blame Christie for the re-election of Barack Obama.
  • Options
    PAtoNH:
    Ken Light:
    You are assuming this story broke because Democrats want to bring down Christie. Democrats find Christie favorable in many polls (google it). If you're looking for a conspiracy, you might also consider that parts of the GOP may want to damage him politically as he is not in step with their core values and because he appeared to endorse Obama in the last election with his photo opps and spirit of cooperation during the aftermath of hurricane Sandy. Many still blame Christie for the re-election of Barack Obama.
    i do realize republicans don't like him for being nice too Obama...IMO you stupid if you don't want the presidents help rebuilding a destroyed town that's just my .02
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    It got 17 times more coverage than Benghazi. If he was a Dem we wouldn't even know about it.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    PAtoNH:
    Ken Light:
    Yes, but the democrats run the media currently because the white house runs the media and there is a democrat in it. Actually, I mean let's be honest, they're the same party. They're the ruling party, it doesn't matter if they wear blue or red anymore, hasn't for years. They're definitely distracting us from something. What ever happened with that India sitch? That just blow over or something? "Water under the bridge" now?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    It got 17 times more coverage than Benghazi. If he was a Dem we wouldn't even know about it.

Amen to that......
  • Options
    Rich people run the media... some are republicans, some are democrats
  • Options
    PAtoNH:
    Rich people run the media... some are republicans, some most are democrats
    Fixed it for you.
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options