Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Streaming Blu Ray

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
I don't think that anyone streams Blue Ray....and so my question is why not?

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I don't think that anyone streams Blue Ray....and so my question is why not?
    ...what do you mean by "streaming bluray", bro skillet?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Like Netflix, for example.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that Amazon streams HD as the equivalent to blu-ray.
    Since Blu-ray is the hardware side of it, the data/software side is HD.
    Now if they'd stream 3D movies, that would make me happy.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Like Netflix, for example.
    Ooohhhh. I see.
    0patience:
    I think that Amazon streams HD as the equivalent to blu-ray.
    Since Blu-ray is the hardware side of it, the data/software side is HD.
    Now if they'd stream 3D movies, that would make me happy.
    I think Tony's right on....bluray is just the name of the disc...HD is the pic quality. Pretty sure netflix offers hd streaming

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Actually depending on your internet speed Netflix does stream in almost blu-ray quality.
  • Options
    Thanks guys....learn stuff around here all the time.
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Get Amazon Prime! The selection is not quite as good as netflix...but they do stream in HD...AND! FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING (almsot)!
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Get Amazon Prime! The selection is not quite as good as netflix...but they do stream in HD...AND! FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING (almsot)!
    And you can purchase amazon cards anywhere and load them and rent or buy movies before they come out on DVD.
    If you purchase them, they stay in your video library and you can watch them anywhere that you have internet access. Even your phone.
    We rent and buy a lot of movies on Amazon. Mostly because we can buy the Amazon cards from Walgreens and load them on Amazon without having to use a credit/debit card on the internet.
    Plus the free shipping on a lot of products helps.

We have a Vizio "smart TV" that has Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and a ton of other crap that we can purchase the movies or rent them on Amazon straight from the TV, so the Amazon Prime membership and having an Amazon card already loaded, we can either watch the "regular" free movies or purchase one or rent it right off the TV.

Another reason not to have to move from the couch. LOL!

Actually movie night at my house is probably the only time we actually watch TV.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    second this (or third). I was able to renew one final time as a Student...half price if you can swing it. Makes it totally worthwhile. It's probably worth it to me at full price. Love the expedited shipping. Some free books on Kindle. Free shows and movies-with a pretty good selection. And a great interface on my smart TV. The only downside is they don't play on my tablet. Used to I could go through a browser, but they've figured that out. Amazon wants you to have a fire or iPad, I guess. No general Amazon Prime streaming app for android.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.