Home Non Cigar Related

They have GOT to use instant replay more.

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
They really should review all these calls they make for the helmet to helmet hits. I've seen a few calls just this weekend where the ref called it a helmet to helmet hit and the replay proved him wrong. I'm all for safety but they should review all of those calls automatically.

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'm torn. Refs call close hits regardless which is lame. But to review every one of those would drag.Now, I think EVERY play should be review in real time by a guy in the booth.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are trying to crack down on head injuries. I know. but these hits are so fast that the refs are mistaking good, legal shoulder hits as helmet hits. And the outcomes are affecting the game so much I think it's warranted. And there's no reason for them to take but a few seconds to review a call like that IMO. Put them on the clock just like the play clock. Watching at home we usually have a good I idea whether or not they are going to overturn a ruling long before they come back with a decision. I don't see why they can't speed up the process.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    They are trying to crack down on head injuries. I know. but these hits are so fast that the refs are mistaking good, legal shoulder hits as helmet hits. And the outcomes are affecting the game so much I think it's warranted. And there's no reason for them to take but a few seconds to review a call like that IMO. Put them on the clock just like the play clock. Watching at home we usually have a good I idea whether or not they are going to overturn a ruling long before they come back with a decision. I don't see why they can't speed up the process.
    I agree, which is what I was trying to say. I see the play five seconds after it happened. Have a full time guy in the booth review everything.