Home General Discussion

Working on my display

New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
So, I found a cheap bookshelf on a local yard sale website

However, I didn't like the "unfinished" look of it

Finished product

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice job! Three or four more humis and you're all done!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Looks Nice brother. And good job on the finish.
  • BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    Very nice. Looks like a good place to keep liquor as well!
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Good job re purposing boots ! Have a lot of yard sale old style stuff around. They just dont build them like they used to so why not get the old and used and make it purty !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Good find. Great finish!
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Makes you almost want to line it with cedar... and throw a couple swinging doors on it...
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    Makes you almost want to line it with cedar... and throw a couple swinging doors on it...
    Oh dude! That would be amazing!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Was thinking the same thing Walt.
  • dandin1dandin1 Posts: 175
    WaltBasil:

Just what I was thinking and contemplating doing one day myself. Nice finishing work on the shelf though, it looks great!
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Jay, It's amazing what you can do with a little creativity and effort.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking good boots.
    no matter where you go, there you are.