Home Non Cigar Related

PMC Ammo

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
Anyone have any experience with PMC? I found a pretty good deal on 5.56 rounds from them, 1,000 rounds for $400. Is it reliable ammo?

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I havent had any problems with it, not the cleanest stuff on the market but reliable, no FTF or FTE, ive used about 800 or so rounds of it through 2 diffrent AR's. If you get a chance hit up gunbot.net, i check that site a few times a day.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Right on, that's what I was looking for, just some reliable ammo to take out to shoot. I checked gunbot, but I found this on luckygunner.com. They have a pretty good deal on some .40 rounds too, trying to consolidate everything down to one website to cut down on shipping.
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    PMC is good, I would stay with the Brass. I have a case of 9mm and love it.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    curtiscr79:
    PMC is good, I would stay with the Brass. I have a case of 9mm and love it.

Good point there, i never put steel cases into any of my guns. Personal preference but brass IS softer than steel for a reason... plus i reload.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew a "person" who won a single shot 22 bolt action tournament in VA a few years back using PMC. When I worked at a gun shop we had a hard time keeping PMC on the shelf, so there are a lot of shooters who buy it up. It (as you know) depends on the firearm. I guess what I am trying to say is don't be afraid of PMC, it is quality control all the way.
    Right on, thanks for the replies everyone. I was looking at Federal pretty hard, I know their pistol and shotgun ammo is great. I might end up getting a combat load x2 of them for my if-***-hits-the-fan load, but I just ordered the 1,000 rounds of PMC. It is brass cased.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    LOL, ok this made my morning.
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Anyone have any experience with PMC? I found a pretty good deal on 5.56 rounds from them, 1,000 rounds for $400. Is it reliable ammo?
    Nothin wrong with PMC. My ARs shoots anything and so the cheapo Tula even works too. My target price is .35 cents a round.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Yea PMC for me is great but my AR eats anything I feed it never any FTF or FTE's ..... Steel lacquered , zinc coated poly coated it eats everything ....... I'm in NY so they are getting ready to start the background checks on ammo purchases besides most area retailers limiting 3 boxes of ammo per day.
    Not too worried about the rifle end, just wanted to make sure it didn't have issues with having dud rounds or misfires.
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    It is certainly not "match" ammo but I have never had any problems with it for general target shooting. I have been through several cases and never had a failure.