Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Counterfeit Cigar Received

2»

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Lasabar:
    I did hear that all Canadians are cheap...

"What's the difference between a Canoe and Canuck???"

"A Canoe can TIP"

I don't know if that's true.... but funny
    Hey...that's not funny or true!
    BTW, the Canoe is Canadian Made, and they tip. haha
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Lasabar:
    I did hear that all Canadians are cheap...

"What's the difference between a Canoe and Canuck???"

"A Canoe can TIP"

I don't know if that's true.... but funny
    Hey...that's not funny or true!
    BTW, the Canoe is Canadian Made, and they tip. haha
    Side note.... Laker's cat is F'in creeeeeeepy...

That's the Miller Lite talking, but Miller Lite is a window into the soul they say......
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    I just got a 5-pack of Decades and two of them were waaaay much lighter in color than the others... First inspection of the labels showed they were the same... I don't know about these lighter ones. I am thinking about smoking a darker/regular looking one and then smoking a lighter on the following day... Should I post photos. I am getting worried too... Maybe that's why the Decade got a new 88 rating from CA? They run out of wrapper leaf or changed with cheaper one... Idk... I hope at least the filler is the same...
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Ren for bringing this topic back up----put some pics on here if you would, because I would love to get to the bottom of this and not think someone is sending fakes.
    Vulchor:
    Thanks Ren for bringing this topic back up----put some pics on here if you would, because I would love to get to the bottom of this and not think someone is sending fakes.
    Whoa there Vulchor. Accussing someone of sending out a counterfeit cigar is a serious charge.
    When you look at a box of Cuban cigar the sticks are always placed in the box with the colors of the wrapper running from lightest to darkest.
    There can be a fairly significant change in the colors of the wrappers when you see them displayed this way. These sticks are also mass sorted by wrapper before being matched in the boxes so you can assume that any box contains wrappers which are closest in color, yet the differences between the wrappers is very easy to detect.
    We have all got an "off" stick or one that just wasn't as good as others of the same brand/vitola. This happens even with the best made cigars.
    At the price of the Decade... I can't see someone trying to counterfeit them. Perhaps a sticks which "should have" been kicked to the Segundo's pile got missed. That's an awful big finger you are pointing.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I have some lighter colored dacades, they smoked/tasted just like the darker colored ones.
    laker1963:
    Vulchor:
    Whoa there Vulchor. Accussing someone of sending out a counterfeit cigar is a serious charge.
    When you look at a box of Cuban cigar the sticks are always placed in the box with the colors of the wrapper running from lightest to darkest.
    There can be a fairly significant change in the colors of the wrappers when you see them displayed this way. These sticks are also mass sorted by wrapper before being matched in the boxes so you can assume that any box contains wrappers which are closest in color, yet the differences between the wrappers is very easy to detect.
    We have all got an "off" stick or one that just wasn't as good as others of the same brand/vitola. This happens even with the best made cigars.
    At the price of the Decade... I can't see someone trying to counterfeit them. Perhaps a sticks which "should have" been kicked to the Segundo's pile got missed. That's an awful big finger you are pointing.
    Didnt point a finger, I said I didnt want to THINK that way, didnt say anyone was. Infact I didnt name anyone, as the person I got them from mentioned CCOM, so Im not going after one person. In addition, this stick wasnt "off", it wasnt the same stick---Stevie Wonder coudl have saw that. But I do appreciate the finger shaking I just recvd, reminded me of the nuns in school...back before I reached the age of reason (and still believed in Christ).
    Vulchor:
    laker1963:
    Vulchor:
    Didnt point a finger, I said I didnt want to THINK that way, didnt say anyone was. Infact I didnt name anyone, as the person I got them from mentioned CCOM, so Im not going after one person. In addition, this stick wasnt "off", it wasnt the same stick---Stevie Wonder coudl have saw that. But I do appreciate the finger shaking I just recvd, reminded me of the nuns in school...back before I reached the age of reason (and still believed in Christ).
    Pretty sensitive for someone who did indeed point a finger, you are the one who used the term counterfeit and said the following...
    I have discussed this with the person already, and not trying to jump to any conclusions or anything of the sort...but did want to put this out there.
    Followed by
    BigJ51 stated he got this as part of a sampler from CCOM and it had never been in sunlight, ect. to fade the band. I do not know what is or isnt going on here or who to say would be at fault, but I just wanted to put it out there for people to be aware.

Seems like finger pointing at either Bigj51 or C.COM. IMO

FYI... I wasn't shaking my finger at you, I was trying to put forth the possibility that this cigar was either just a bad stick (which happens) or possibly one that slipped by quality control.
    After considering your recent reply to that post, I'll just back away here and let you continue NOT to point fingers or make accusations.
    I wouldn't be in any hurry to do any transactions with someone who gets on here and bad mouths another member or C.COM because they didn't enjoy a FREE stick, I sent them. I say this because you MAY be doing more damage to your own rep. around here then anything else, and I didn't know if you had considered that.
    But you have probably thought about that already ;)
    Guys! Seriously! Can we relax? Before this goes over to another dimension. This is pointless. However, finding the issue behind this cigar would be of use to ALL of us. It would be of use to C.COM itself as if they are getting "fake" decades from somebody, they gotta identify it. I will do a more thorough inspection of the lighter colored ones I have. I agree if color is the only thing off, I dont care. But if the band is fake or the taste is totally different, then there is something going on. Then again - it can just be a bad cigar or two. Like someone said - a second that slipped in. I doubt anybody will really be counterfeiting decades as well... In any case - I would ask you kindly to not argue. Sometimes we cannot express ourselves properly over these forums. Sometimes (some of us) we dont speak/write that well and words might have a different meaning than we intended to. Lets give each other a break right now and enjoy a cigar!
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Yeah, you guys just lay off. If you want to argue, by all means, go at it VIA PM. Don't fight here.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Laker has a valid point and is just as entitled to his opinion as Vulchor is to his. Having said this , Vulchor ,(sorry bud) despite what your intentions were one way or another simply by menioning another members name on here brought suspicion by association (its human nature). This should have been handled by PM all the way until a resolution/explanation was arrived at between the two parties involved and then put forth on the forum if it was felt neccesary for information and/or protection of other members.
    In my opinion the fact somebody received a cigar with a lighter colored wrapper than what is normal is certainly not a conspiracy in the making. Lots of cigars have the same situation and quality control usually takes care of it ...they are either tossed outright or sold as seconds ...Seems to me to be much-ado-about nothing ...I'm just sayin ...
    gmill880:
    Laker has a valid point and is just as entitled to his opinion as Vulchor is to his. Having said this , Vulchor ,(sorry bud) despite what your intentions were one way or another simply by menioning another members name on here brought suspicion by association (its human nature). This should have been handled by PM all the way until a resolution/explanation was arrived at between the two parties involved and then put forth on the forum if it was felt neccesary for information and/or protection of other members.
    In my opinion the fact somebody received a cigar with a lighter colored wrapper than what is normal is certainly not a conspiracy in the making. Lots of cigars have the same situation and quality control usually takes care of it ...they are either tossed outright or sold as seconds ...Seems to me to be much-ado-about nothing ...I'm just sayin ...
    Thanks G. You seem to have put this better then I did, but my intentions were very much the same.
    As for aruging, I wasn't doing that and stated that I was going to back away, which I did.
    That said, Beta I appreciate your point and think maybe it is time for me to take a breather from here, for a while. This forum, like cigars, is supposed to be for enjoyment, and while I don't enjoy little dramas, I'm not very good at avoiding them apparently. My intentions are NOT to cause other folks here to not enjoy their time on the forums.
    I will take care of any trades or whatnot that I am involved with presently here. and then just maybe go into lurk mode for a while.
    Still lot's of good stuff to read from time to time.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Doug (laker) you have a PM brother ...
    Laker, I dont think I...or anyone else here, thinks or wans you or anyone else to go away. No reason to pout, takea sabatical, or even put it out there. As far as my rep. around here----I have alrady gotten then rep. as a loud mouth who doesnt think before he speaks and has a few people who will have nothing to do with him (Kuzi, Puro, and The Steelers Guy to name a few).....I can deal with that, I bring it on myself. I also have a rep., as I know you do from reading the boards, of being a pretty good trader and someone to deal with----and that is truly what I try to focus on. I agree sticks can be a mistake, but the one I got was not a mistake. Pehaps word wise I should have been more specific than counterfeit, or even being done on purpose, but I maintain as RenMan said that finding what the deal is with these VERY different Decades would benefit everyone. Anyway, no hard feelings I hope...I wrote this here and not PM to show my hope to get over this publicly. To be totally honest, while I did say finger pointing I only did because it made me think of nuns----the part about Chirst and age of reason was a line I stole from a George Carlin bit, not something meant to offend. Sorry if taken as such. Hope everyone has a good weekend. And Go Bears!!!
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Yay, group hug.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    Laker, you got a PM.
    No PM's to me????? Developing a complex here.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    Vulchor:
    No PM's to me????? Developing a complex here.
    No...no PMs to you.
  • bibbybibby Posts: 152
    PM Vulchor...
    Thanks Bibby.....may Terry Bradshaw never bless you again!!!!!!!!!
    Goldy:
    Yay, group hug.
    Ditto... Laker... If you go away from the forum ima bomb ur ass till i have no cigars left!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Oooooh! Shiny Red Ball!!!!