Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Almost a year...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Wifey got together this evening with a friend of ours. Her husband was my first recruit to the company I work for, and my first trainee. It's been almost a year now since he passed... suddenly... of heart failure at the age of 39. Left her and two small boys behind. I still remember the conversation I had with him the morning he died... full of promise and hope for the future. I'll never forget the call from his wife the next morning, telling me he was gone. Almost a year later, and I'm realizing that his loss hit me way harder than I had realized, or admitted to myself.

Sorry for the downer. Needed to get that out, and this seemed like a safe place to say it.
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the loss. Never easy losing someone. It's been a year and half since I lost my dad to cancer and there's not a day that goes by that I don't think of him. Things are a little easier when you talk about them instead of holding it all in.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about these. Praying that God gives yall peace.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all good, Dane. I'm at peace with it. Spent a lot of time with his wife after he passed, helping her get her financial house in order. I think the reconnection tonight just brought all those feelings back to the surface. God is good... all the time.

Bert, sorry to hear about your dad, bro.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing brother and my condolences to you and all loved ones.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear of your loss.good thoughts and prayers for you brother.and no need to apologize that's what this place is for.we are more then just cigar talk.come here to vent,rant and rage its all good..
    no matter where you go, there you are.