Home General Discussion

cigar.com app?

Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
I know this has been posted before but is there a compatible platform for a mobile version of cigar.com? It would be nice to have alerts, snap a stogie pic and upload it straight from the phone

Comments

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Darktower007:
    I know this has been posted before but is there a compatible platform for a mobile version of cigar.com? It would be nice to have alerts, snap a stogie pic and upload it straight from the phone
    Dude we can't even get sticky threads, alerts when pms come in, and a decent search function.........what makes you think this place is going to develop a mobile app?
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    This forum is design to help you learn about cigars and html coding at the same time.
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    variant2:
    This forum is design to help you learn about cigars and html coding at the same time.
    Yes, because we are all aspiring web designers who deal in archaic code.
    Oh wait. No we're not.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    Darktower007:
    Dude we can't even get sticky threads, alerts when pms come in, and a decent search function.........what makes you think this place is going to develop a mobile app?

And a big +1 to what Brianetz1 said.....
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    brianetz1:
    Darktower007:
    Add the ability to follow posts with alerts once someone replies to a post you have commented on. I would love to be able to follow a post so I can find it later.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    curtiscr79:
    brianetz1:
    Darktower007:
    Add the ability to follow posts with alerts once someone replies to a post you have commented on. I would love to be able to follow a post so I can find it later.
    Can you add it as a favorite and follow that way? I honestly don't know, I've never bothered to try.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • dandin1dandin1 Posts: 175
    Ken Light:
    curtiscr79:
    brianetz1:
    Darktower007:
    Can you add it as a favorite and follow that way? I honestly don't know, I've never bothered to try.

What does the email subscription button at the top of the thread do? I always just thought that if you hit that then you get emails when a reply is made to the thread..
    Just checked and the Community Server 2.0 software (what's running here) hasn't been updated since early 2006.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    I literally lol'd when I read the thread title.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    variant2:
    Just checked and the Community Server 2.0 software (what's running here) hasn't been updated since early 2006.

I attempted (and failed) to communicate with Ccom on many issues. I was BRAND new then, and wasnt aware that they are happy just having the "functional" forums.
    New Boots:
    variant2:

I attempted (and failed) to communicate with Ccom on many issues. I was BRAND new then, and wasnt aware that they are happy just having the "functional" forums.
    I'm new too and I think various members here are bribed by ccom to keep their mouths shut with cigar discounts.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
    variant2:
    New Boots:
    variant2:

I'm new too and I think various members here are bribed by ccom to keep their mouths shut with cigar discounts.

I want a bribe!!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    variant2:

everyone who has ever been on another forum asks the same questions when they first get here because this place is missing some BASIC functions of forums. They realize that cigar.com is fine with how things are here, and you take it or leave it.

it sucks and i really think that this place could be a great benefit for them in the longrun if they would find a way to add some functionality, but it is a great place without that so there is no perceived payoff.
    brianetz1:
    New Boots:
    variant2:

everyone who has ever been on another forum asks the same questions when they first get here because this place is missing some BASIC functions of forums. They realize that cigar.com is fine with how things are here, and you take it or leave it.

it sucks and i really think that this place could be a great benefit for them in the longrun if they would find a way to add some functionality, but it is a great place without that so there is no perceived payoff.
    Actually, there is a way.
    There are several options of this forum program that are not turned on.
    If this program were configured correctly, it would make a huge difference.
    Not to mention the dozen other forum programs that are far less server intensive with far more options.
    Just saying.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    0patience:
    brianetz1:
    New Boots:
    variant2:

Actually, there is a way.
    There are several options of this forum program that are not turned on.
    If this program were configured correctly, it would make a huge difference.
    Not to mention the dozen other forum programs that are far less server intensive with far more options.
    Just saying.
    Agreed, probably was a spam issue when the boards opened...just never came back to it
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Wouldnt it be sooo nice though..... an app....... agh to dream..

Aj
  • firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 years later and still no app...come on C.Com get with it.
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
    3 years later and still no app...come on C.Com get with it.
    Yeah, even other cigar sites have apps for that. LOL!
    Just what we need though, a Sprint Sale app.
    I'd survive about a week with that thing and my wife would either destroy my phone or make me unique.

If you didn't get that reference, well..........
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: