Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Trent Richardson Article

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Indianapolis Colts running back Trent Richardson will not play in his team’s game in Tennessee against the Titans because he has been stuck in the elevator at the team hotel all day. “Yeah, Trent won’t be with us tonight,” confirmed head coach Chuck Pagano. “He had an issue back at the hotel, so we’ll be riding Donald Brown tonight.” Richardson, the No. 3 overall pick in the 2012 draft, has struggled mightily since being traded from Cleveland to the Colts in September. In fact, in his last three games he has even regressed, averaging just 2.1 yards per carry. Teammates say his hesitancy and lack of speed peaked today when he was unable to travel the 4.5-feet from the back of the elevator out through the elevator doors and into the lobby before the doors closed on him. Teammates Andrew Luck and T.Y. Hilton, who rode down from the team’s floor with Richardson, repeatedly encouraged their running back to get up a head of steam and clear the threshold. But after 11 attempts, they had to board the team’s bus to LP Field. In one last desperate attempt, Richardson pressed the “Door Open” button and made a break for it at full-speed, but got his body pinched in the doors and he fell backwards for no gain. Colts officials refuse to say they are disappointed in Richardson’s play or in his inability to make it out of the elevator. “He just needs to work a little more on his timing and accelerating through holes,” said Pagano. “He’s had a few openings, but he keeps running into the elevator control panel. Hopefully he can bust through soon and join us for the second half.”http://www.sportspickle.com/2013/11/trent-richardson-unable-advance-hotel-elevator-doors-close

Comments

• Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Thanks for the draft pick Martel....enjoy! Go Browns!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Hey, now!

Onion Sports, hunh? Well I got a laugh from that. I still hope he can be somewhat productive, but if not, that's how the NFL works more often than not. We still have a ton of RBs on the roster if they can all stay healthy.

And giving the Browns a draft pick may be worse for you than had you kept TRich, what with your front office.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel:
    New Boots:
    Hey, now!

Onion Sports, hunh? Well I got a laugh from that. I still hope he can be somewhat productive, but if not, that's how the NFL works more often than not. We still have a ton of RBs on the roster if they can all stay healthy.

And giving the Browns a draft pick may be worse for you than had you kept TRich, what with your front office.
    Yeah...yeah, thats true...they will find every folp in the draft, and pick them up!
  • Options
    jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Do they find the flops? Or are they creating the flops? I pity whoever they draft, it's like the kiss of death. Just saw they were projected by Kiper to get Bortles, that officially means this kid us doomed. It's the curse over Cleveland. Every other year brings a franchise player with the 1st overall pick, last year the Cavs have the choice and it's a week draft, they end up with a kid that can't score 1 bucket a game. They just took draft day flops to a new high...or low.
  • Options
    JGKAMIN:
    Do they find the flops? Or are they creating the flops? I pity whoever they draft, it's like the kiss of death. Just saw they were projected by Kiper to get Bortles, that officially means this kid us doomed. It's the curse over Cleveland. Every other year brings a franchise player with the 1st overall pick, last year the Cavs have the choice and it's a week draft, they end up with a kid that can't score 1 bucket a game. They just took draft day flops to a new high...or low.
    They can have 2 of the following 3 (or, you know...less than 2)

1: Good front office
    2: Good Coaches
    3: Good Players

Having all 3 might create a team that is aware you are not supposed to see the post-season from your couch.
  • Options
    Left out owner. They had a scumbag Art Modell who sold out the fans for some $ and won the Super Bowl elsewhere with their team. Then they got a new hero in Lerner on board, forgetting he helped Modell skip team earlier. Now they have a new owner who is on his way to prison. And somewhere along the line they run the vicious cycle of new GM, new coach, new QB and back through. They just brought a new coach in and dealt his picks and starting RB indicating they punted this season and are building for the future...a few months later they dump ghost coach after 1 season. That is ridiculous. They don't give a coach, QB or GM long enough to find out who is good. And I repeat, whoever they choose as their next franchise QB with their first pick will be a bust.
  • Options
    JGKAMIN:
    Left out owner. They had a scumbag Art Modell who sold out the fans for some $ and won the Super Bowl elsewhere with their team. Then they got a new hero in Lerner on board, forgetting he helped Modell skip team earlier. Now they have a new owner who is on his way to prison. And somewhere along the line they run the vicious cycle of new GM, new coach, new QB and back through. They just brought a new coach in and dealt his picks and starting RB indicating they punted this season and are building for the future...a few months later they dump ghost coach after 1 season. That is ridiculous. They don't give a coach, QB or GM long enough to find out who is good. And I repeat, whoever they choose as their next franchise QB with their first pick will be a bust.
    ...and that 100% sums up the Browns organization.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    JGKAMIN:
    I love how my comment turned this thread around from a TRich-bash to a Browns-bash. Too easy!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel:
    New Boots:
    JGKAMIN:
    I love how my comment turned this thread around from a TRich-bash to a Browns-bash. Too easy!
    Damn you! LOL
  • Options
    Sorry. Trent needs to be bashed, the Browns pitied. Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. I was actually one of the few that right away said the Browns did the right thing by cutting their losses and dealing him. Sadly, back then they were pretty competitive without him, then they just kept losing. Regardless, getting a 1st rounder in return for him was good. Not a Browns fan, but hoping they get it pointed in the right direction, their fans deserve better than what they've suffered through since 1995, and probably long before that as well.