Home Non Cigar Related

Comments

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Certainly looks sexy. Taurus is typically cheaper than most but I like their products for the most part. How much do these cost???
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Under the technical specs tab, MSRP is $879.00
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    variant2:
    Under the technical specs tab, MSRP is $879.00
    Ahhhh. Thank you.
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    You should also consider:

Beretta CX4 (9mm carbine)

There's also the HK USC (.45 carbine) but I believe that has been discontinued.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taurus is made on old Berreta machines. I personally have never been overwhelmed with the quality or the accuracy of any Taurus I have owned or fired. Maybe things have changed but I would do some serious research before laying out that kind of money.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    You can get them for about $700, little less for the 9mm. I just can't get past the looks on the Beretta, that thing is ugly to me. And I thought Taurus produced the actual machinery they make their guns with? I know a long time ago they were using Beretta stuff, but I'm pretty sure they moved on from that. I've read alot of good reviews on it so far, and I am a huge fan of Taurus's revolvers. Never fired any of their semi-autos, but I know their 24/7 line is rated just as highly as Glock, Springfield XD, etc.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    You can get them for about $700, little less for the 9mm. I just can't get past the looks on the Beretta, that thing is ugly to me. And I thought Taurus produced the actual machinery they make their guns with? I know a long time ago they were using Beretta stuff, but I'm pretty sure they moved on from that. I've read alot of good reviews on it so far, and I am a huge fan of Taurus's revolvers. Never fired any of their semi-autos, but I know their 24/7 line is rated just as highly as Glock, Springfield XD, etc.

It has been a long time since I was in the business and (I have not kept up) it is good to know they have their own equipment. I guess I should go out and re-acquaint my self. I lost the majority of my firearms in THE tornado and what is left are pretty much all custom (I done it) and other the a Taurus Judge 3in magnum (lots of snakes) I haven't really done any serious looking. I guess the fact that I worked for a gunsmith that was the metalologist for the Berreta plant in MD may have left me a little prejudiced. Oh, and I am a big fan of Ruger...
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Taurus is made on old Berreta machines. I personally have never been overwhelmed with the quality or the accuracy of any Taurus I have owned or fired. Maybe things have changed but I would do some serious research before laying out that kind of money.
    Oh I dunno, this is with a Taurus 945 .45 cal at 10 yards. First 50 were shot the good old aim and pull with care, the last 50(the ones to the right) were me shooting double taps and fast fire.

Me likes my Taurus's........

photo IMG_0071_zps1c455e15.jpg
  • Options
    jd50ae:
    alienmisprint:

It has been a long time since I was in the business and (I have not kept up) it is good to know they have their own equipment. I guess I should go out and re-acquaint my self. I lost the majority of my firearms in THE tornado and what is left are pretty much all custom (I done it) and other the a Taurus Judge 3in magnum (lots of snakes) I haven't really done any serious looking. I guess the fact that I worked for a gunsmith that was the metalologist for the Berreta plant in MD may have left me a little prejudiced. Oh, and I am a big fan of Ruger...

Yeah, from what I'm tracking they actual produce their own CNC machines and whatnot. Taurus has kind of gained a reputation for being one of the most technologically advanced firearm producers out there. And if I'm not mistaken, they are the #1 revolver munfacturer in the world now.

On a side note, I'm a pretty big Ruger fan as well. I have a Security Six .357, just picked up their SR556 for my AR choice, and am leaning pretty heavily towards them for my 1911 as well. I REALLY want a Super Redhawk Alaskan .454, but I have kind of already blown my gun budget for this year. Besides, its good to have something for the wife to get you for birthday/Christmas, lol.
  • Options
    This carbine just looks like it would be a blast at the range. The only thing I don't like about it is the mag cap. Apparently Taurus is supposed to be releasing some higher cap mags for it at some point, but right now there are only the 10-rounders. I think I'm going to bite on it, talked to the wife about it last night and she isn't saying no, lol.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    This carbine just looks like it would be a blast at the range. The only thing I don't like about it is the mag cap. Apparently Taurus is supposed to be releasing some higher cap mags for it at some point, but right now there are only the 10-rounders. I think I'm going to bite on it, talked to the wife about it last night and she isn't saying no, lol.
    Yeah. Capacity was the only thing I saw that I didn't like too.
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    alienmisprint:
    Yeah. Capacity was the only thing I saw that I didn't like too.

Was just reading more on this. Apparently, Taurus is not allowed to import any high capacity mags for it and they are not allowed to manufacture any high capacity mags for it stateside. There are a couple of aftermarket companies supposedly working on putting out some mags for it, though.