kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
... I hate you.

love,
kuzi.

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh crap!
    That just ain't right.

A moment of silence for the dearly departed.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Dang man, that sucks!

Im sorry for your loss.
    One God, One Truth
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all... wow, dude. That sucks.

Second, can you file a claim on the $50.00 of insurance?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:

working on that now.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    So something puntured the box and went through the cigar?! Good grief that's awful.
    kuzi16:
    Puff_Dougie:

working on that now.
    I have some friends who work for the USPS in Ohio. PM me your addy and I'll see if they can look into this tragedy and terminate the responsible... or rather, irresponsible party!!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Puff_Dougie:
    I have some friends who work for the USPS in Ohio. PM me your addy and I'll see if they can look into this tragedy and terminate the responsible... or rather, irresponsible party!!
    this is a trap.
    kuzi16:
    Puff_Dougie:
    this is a trap.
    Dude! I'm hurt! How could you think such a thing??

• honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Puff_Dougie:
    kuzi16:
    Puff_Dougie:
    this is a trap.
    Dude! I'm hurt! How could you think such a thing??

holy crap that thing will give ya nightmares, like a yellow killer tomato lol
  • dandin1dandin1 Posts: 175
    kuzi16:
    Puff_Dougie:

working on that now.

This is like a nightmare come true. Wishing the best for you with the whole insurance claim.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Matt, if that's a Daruma let me know, my b&m has those for cheap at the moment.
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Dude that sucks. If there is a bright side you at least get to try the new nub vitola from room 101. Hope you get the fifty bucks.
  • RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    Ouch! I've got a ton of stuff coming in the mail to feed my new found hobby; I sure hope this isn't the norm! Hopefully not too much of an expensive cigar to have lost.
  • jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Somebody shipped you some sticks and merely put them in a ziplock bag inside the box??? They should've wrapped it better and protected it better. Reminds me of when I once ordered a Hammer & Sickle Double Eagle in the crystal coffin and the shipper merely placed that inside a bubble mailer. Those coffins are very heavy and fragile, needless to say it showed up all smashed/crashed, the end popped off allowing the stick to fall out and break as well. Then that dealer also refused to accept responsibility for it as well.
    Jetmech_63:
    Matt, if that's a Daruma let me know, my b&m has those for cheap at the moment.
    it is. its in the monstura size. (5x60)

blutattoo:
    Hope you get the fifty bucks.
    its not a $50 cigar. in the claim i had to provide proof of damage, proof of insurance, and proof of price.

they will probably pay out around $8-10 (MSRP) if all goes well.
    RedRex06:
    Ouch! I've got a ton of stuff coming in the mail to feed my new found hobby; I sure hope this isn't the norm! Hopefully not too much of an expensive cigar to have lost.
    i wouldnt worry that much.
    this post is only 1/2 serious.
    i have shipped tons of cigars over the last 8 years with no issues in any way shape or form.
    this will not stop me from using the USPS in the future, especially if they actually pay out the claim.
    JGKAMIN:
    Somebody shipped you some sticks and merely put them in a ziplock bag inside the box??? They should've wrapped it better and protected it better.
    no... i guess this post is a little misleading. there was more than one cigar in there. things were shipped correctly. that was the only one that had any issue in any way at all. if you look at the picture you can see a hole through the box. this must have been hit with some force because there was a hole in the ziploc as well. this cigar took 100% of the damage. everything else looked pristine.

i put zero blame or animosity on the shipper.
    kuzi16:
    ... there was more than one cigar in there. things were shipped correctly. that was the only one that had any issue in any way at all. if you look at the picture you can see a hole through the box. this must have been hit with some force because there was a hole in the ziploc as well. this cigar took 100% of the damage. everything else looked pristine.
    What a brave little soldier! That cigar is a hero! Sacrificed itself to save its travelling buddies! I don't care what the retail price is... that bad boy is worth $50! (Think the USPS will buy that?) ;^)
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    kuzi16:
    ... there was more than one cigar in there. things were shipped correctly. that was the only one that had any issue in any way at all. if you look at the picture you can see a hole through the box. this must have been hit with some force because there was a hole in the ziploc as well. this cigar took 100% of the damage. everything else looked pristine.
    What a brave little soldier! That cigar is a hero! Sacrificed itself to save its travelling buddies! I don't care what the retail price is... that bad boy is worth $50! (Think the USPS will buy that?) ;^)
    maybe we could put a daruma on ebay and ask 50 bucks for it and send that to usps as proof of value...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Ken Light:
    Puff_Dougie:
    kuzi16:
    maybe we could put a daruma on ebay and ask 50 bucks for it and send that to usps as proof of value...
    Brilliant!!

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, looks like it took a bullet.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That poor guy.never even saw it coming.hope they make right by you brother.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

I have a feeling it will turn out OK.
    Puff_Dougie:

oh snap

thanks man. nothing better than a wrong turned into a right.
    kuzi16:
    Puff_Dougie:

oh snap

Sweet! Glad they arrived without any holes in the box... or in the sticks! Hope you enjoy, brotha! And you can use the smiley as a tattoo stencil! :^)
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Puff_Dougie:

oh snap

Nicely done. LOL!

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.