Home General Discussion

Coolidor pics?

So I am considering making a coolidor. I have one smaller and one medium sized humidor and they are about full now. And I keep ordering more... So anyone have any pics of theirs? Just looking for organization ideas. There is a website I found that sells spanish cedar trays that would be a good way to organize a bit, but I'm sure others have some cool ideas.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I think if you are planning on storing loose cigars in the cooler then cedar trays are a good way to go. I use my cooler mainly for box storage, so my biggest concern is how best to organize the boxes to maximize my available space....cigar box tetris as I like to call it.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I do have a couple cigar boxes, and plan on buying a few more eventually, so it may come down to that. Basically, I don't want mine to look like this: image
    Yeah, I know that feeling. It turns into a real mess when you get bundles and five packs going. I think either cedar trays or empty boxes would be a good option. If you don't have any empty boxes you could probably get some from your local cigar shop.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I picked up a cooler this week so I'm still trying to figure it out. At this point I think I'm going to use it like j0z3r does, for box storage, and I'll put my loose/smoking cigars in one of my desktops. I'll snap a pic tomorrow.

These things hold humidity really well. I've got one Boveda pack humidifying an entire 25 quart cooler right at 70rh.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Russ55:
    I picked up a cooler this week so I'm still trying to figure it out. At this point I think I'm going to use it like j0z3r does, for box storage, and I'll put my loose/smoking cigars in one of my desktops. I'll snap a pic tomorrow.

These things hold humidity really well. I've got one Boveda pack humidifying an entire 25 quart cooler right at 70rh.
    Wow, really? Awesome. I figure if you don't open it up and mess with them, it should work VERY well assuming the cooler seals well.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Yeah, and granted it's pretty full, but I am starting to think you need less humidity generation because of the seal. I'm still moving around the hygro inside just to see, but it seems uniform so far.
    Yeah, no wood to suck in the moisture and the plastic isn't porous, so it doesn't seep out. Just watch that seal...I used mine as a stool one time and tweaked something so I had to fix the seal with some rubber tape along the rim.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the box thing is a good idea... you can get a cooler with a tray that comes out, and use that tray fro your singles.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    So I am considering making a coolidor. I have one smaller and one medium sized humidor and they are about full now. And I keep ordering more... So anyone have any pics of theirs? Just looking for organization ideas. There is a website I found that sells spanish cedar trays that would be a good way to organize a bit, but I'm sure others have some cool ideas.
    I'm starting to have this same problem right now....too many unorganized/loose cigars in the coolidor. And I just posted a similar question to the Cigars 101 thread.
    I know that everyone suggests empty cigar boxes, but personally I like to open the humi and be able to see all the beauties...and I don't want to have to open up a bunch of separate boxes to see what cigars are in them.

Cedar trays are out of my $$ right now so I'm looking at these plastic bins. Maybe they'd work for you too? Amazon Link CLICK

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    take the tops off the boxes so they're basically trays?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.