Home General Discussion
Options

Photography Tip. Offset your subject to the left.

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
If you are not going to re-size your photos down to fit the forum limits, it would perfom the same purpose if you placed the subject (cigars) in your photos off to the left side of the viewfinder when you snap the picture. That way when we're viewing your pics on the forum, nobody has to scroll to the right to see everything that you wanted us to see.

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Did you PM the guilty party and explain to them your issue before you posted this in general discussion? You're thread comes of as snarky, IMO.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ROFL!
    Oh yes he did!
    And photobucket has this cool "edit" feature that you can resize your images too.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like scrolling.

It makes me feel like I'm getting more for my money. :^)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    I use Flickr and never have to adjust the pic size, just my 2 cents
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im always on my phone, and apparently you cannot resize on the mobile app. Sorry bob, lol!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I use my facebook, and I like to make you work for it
  • Options
    Rain:
    Did you PM the guilty party and explain to them your issue before you posted this in general discussion? You're thread comes of as snarky, IMO.
    I edited the wording. Does that seem less snarky?
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to apologize. Post what you want to post Bob, I'll move on.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Potatographs cannot be resized. One blur fits all.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Rain:
    Hey, unedit the edit. I want to read some snark!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    F it! If peeps wanna start 10 new threads a day peeps can post any size pics they want..don't wanna scroll then don't scroll..just sayin'
  • Options
    Rain:
    I'd like to apologize. Post what you want to post Bob, I'll move on.
    No worries. I didn't mean it to be snarky, I think you were right though. I think the wording may have been leaning it that direction.

It's a legitimate tip though. It's a trick I do when I'm taking pictures to post on here. It just makes your pics better to be seen without any hoizontal scrolling.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Bob Luken:
    Rain:
    Hey, unedit the edit. I want to read some snark!
    Here's the snark. - If you are not going to bother with re-sizing your photos down to fit the forum limits, it would be nice if you placed the subject (cigars) in your photos off to the left side of the viewfinder when you snap the picture. That way when we're viewing your pics on the forum, nobody has to scroll to the right to see everything that you wanted us to see.