Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Gauging interest for a sensitive pass

I'm gonna cut the chit and get right to it. We've all lost someone close and dear. I want to do a remembrance/dedication/honor pass. If you're willing, you would write a small letter about your loved one and the impact they had on your life. The letter is purely optional. For me, it was my dad. The letter would be for a plan I would do at the end of the pass and doesn't have to be shared with those on the forum. It could be a simple pm but I want to do something special for each and every person who chooses to write a letter. Maybe this in bad taste or inappropriate; I dunno to be honest, I don't honestly know if this is bad form or a pipe dream or something we could do to have a positive impact on us as a family. Forgive if it's the latter two.

Comments

• thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    My wife would want me to join this for the loss that we experienced this past summer.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    (Edit: I read it again, and I'm not sure why I didn't understand the first time)

I'd have to really think about it, because it would go to my grandparents. But it may be something I'm interested in.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Its the exact opposite of bad form or bad taste IMO.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That this matters to you is enough for me. I'm in.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    james40:
    I'm gonna cut the chit and get right to it. We've all lost someone close and dear. I want to do a remembrance/dedication/honor pass. If you're willing, you would write a small letter about your loved one and the impact they had on your life. The letter is purely optional. For me, it was my dad. The letter would be for a plan I would do at the end of the pass and doesn't have to be shared with those on the forum. It could be a simple pm but I want to do something special for each and every person who chooses to write a letter. Maybe this in bad taste or inappropriate; I dunno to be honest, I don't honestly know if this is bad form or a pipe dream or something we could do to have a positive impact on us as a family. Forgive if it's the latter two.
    i'm in
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very thoughtful idea James, u can count me in.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in, James thanks for doing it, it's good to mix it up.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Great idea, and great timing, I was thinking about how to commemorate my grandfather's birthday this year, which is on the 29th. And coincidentally, his name was james... :)
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm interested
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me know I'd be interested
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    im interested also
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Sign me up.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I love the idea. This might be too sensitive for me though! lol
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In, thanks James, really dig the idea, will be a letter to my Grandmother integer, may she and everyone else's loved ones rest in peace.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I'm in.