Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

ISOM blend question

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
A little question to show my continued newbness. Let's take Partagas for example. I'm assuming the Series D, E, and P are different blends. What about every other vitola? Is the Short/Lusitania/898/etc all the same blend in different vitolas or are some of them different? Is there somewhere that has this info? Just curious to know that if I like the Party Short, can I assume I'll like the Super Partagas for a slightly longer smoke? Thanks for the help!
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Blends are different. Some may be close in similar vitolas though, and the tobaccos come from the same areas. This is actually a great area to explore and I will do so for the show here soon. I am with ya on teh Super Party's, and will probably grab them here soon. I love that vitola 5.5x40.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks D. I would love to see this investigated more.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Super parties are great for the price!! Out of four boxes so far I've had only one plugged! Good flavor and great size can't go wrong for the money
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    many of the blends are similar as stated above. however close they are there will always be differences from size to size. generally speaking, the smaller the ring the less ligero there is.

also lines within a marca that are different will have different blends.
    for example, the HdM line has the "coronation" that is 5.1 x 42 and then in the "le hoyo" series there is the "du Prince" that is 5.1 x 40. these are vastly different smokes.

different farms, different amounts of ligero, valodo and seco, etc...